An exciting Finance Manager opportunity to join an impressive, international engineering consultancy at a time of significant change and growth.
This Finance Manager role will be taking ownership of the reporting for 9 entities providing strong financial analysis and forecasts. It will report into the Regional Finance Director and will work collaboratively to ensure there is a high-quality finance service along through accurate technical accounting and business partnering.
This Finance Manager role requires a fully qualified Accountant with experience preparing management accounts for multiple entities who could step into managing a team in the near future. Key Responsibilities:
Required knowledge, skills & experience:
- Month end close and preparation of management accounts for European entities including clear P&L variance analysis
- Completion of all balance sheet reconciliations and preparation of journal adjustments monthly
- Posting and calculating prepayments and accruals, providing supporting schedules
- Monthly profitability review including monthly and weekly cash flow forecast preparations
- Monthly/Quarterly revenue forecasting for all entities
- Review VAT returns and deal with any VAT related Audit queries
- Work with the Finance Director on Annual budget and plan process, weekly P&L/monthly Dashboard reporting and closely monitor WIP, DSO for the business, escalating and resolving and issues with Director.
- Capex reporting/monitoring
- Ensuring all intercompany balances are agreed and reconciled on a monthly basis
- Ad hoc projects and tasks as set out by the FD and translating financial information to non finance team members
- Fully Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) (2/3 years PQE)
- Experience of WIP (work in progress) or consultancy exposure
- Experience within oil & gas or engineering is a must
- Excellent communication skills, experience building rapport at all levels and good business partnering skills
- Solid understanding of current IFRS and accounting standards, need strong technical accounting skills
- Languages (German, Norwegian a bonus)
- Systems experience (Netsuite, Power BI)
- Project Accounting
This Finance Manager role is a great opportunity for those who want to take ownership of a number of entities who have experience with Work in Progress and have worked in an oil & gas engineering consultancy environment previously.