Learning Support Assistant
Part Time - 12 to 24 hours per week
Temp to Perm Opportunity
Pertemps Isle of Wight have an exciting opportunity for a Learning Support Assistant to join our client, based in Newport. This is a temporary opportunity, potentially to be made permanent for the right candidate.
As the successful Learning Support Assistant, your main job role responsibilities will include supporting the learning of students with learning, physical, sensory or mobility disabilities who attend the Isle of Wight College.
Day to day tasks will include, but will not be limited to;
- Supporting learners with a specific need, within a small group or on a 1 to 1 basis.
- To offer support with independence and life skills.
- Personal care, to include feeding support where necessary.
- Carry out first aid where necessary.
- Assist with assessments both formal and informal, and refer students where applicable.
- Participate in planning, developing and monitoring learner targets and support packages.
- Comply with audit deadlines.
We are looking for individuals who hold experience and working knowledge within supporting learners with specific learning difficulties. Ideally you will be hold a level 2 qualification, or equivalent, in a care related subject, or have the willingness to study towards one.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Rhiannon in our Isle of Wight branch, or click apply.