This is an excellent opportunity for candidates working in healthcare with great affinity for digital health and experience with it, or candidates who have facilitated change to frontline teams.
Orcha is the world's leading organisation of its kind, and its growth is exponential - An excellent opportunity to join and help shape the future of the business as well as potential very fast career progression!Client DetailsAbout Our Client
ORCHA are one of the UK's fastest growing Digital Health organisations. We operate the world's largest digital health assessment platform and library and have a suite of exciting products and services that are all geared towards getting more people using and benefiting from great health and care related Apps.
It's fair to say we are crazy about health Apps. Digital health is rapidly emerging as the major new frontier in healthcare delivery globally and we are at the forefront of this fast moving and exhilarating environment.
Based in the Northwest of the UK we are rapidly growing across the whole of the UK, Europe and beyond. Their office is based near Warrington, and they can offer very flexible working.
Ideally, candidates for this role will have easy access to either the Northeast or the Midlands, however we are accepting applications from all areas due to the level of expansion of this incredible company.Description The Role:
The role consists of, but is not limited to, the following key activities:
- Working with and across the Senior Management Team and other functions to deliver service excellence across ORCHA.
- Gathering requirements for projects from key stakeholders and communicating these effectively and in a timely manner. This also includes working with external stakeholders to understand and investigate feedback into the service, function, or product provided.
- Leading the implementation, roll out and ongoing maintenance of ORCHA solutions, products and services across the client base.
- Understanding the specific needs of each client and supporting them to develop practical and effective strategies for the roll out of ORCHA services/solutions.
- Managing multiple accounts; driving activity and building client relationships
- Embedding support into client organisations to help them reach practical and effective integration, activation and engagement strategies.
- Producing training plans and leading delivery of onboarding training sessions.
- Driving the development and implementation of new product sets.
- Maintaining internal project management systems such as Asana and Jira/Confluence
- Representing ORCHA and its values at every opportunity.
It is important that you have:
- Excellent organisational skills and self motivation
- Demonstrable written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent relationship management
- An enthusiam for healthcare particularly in digital/health tech
- Problem solving skills, with the ability to be flexible in your approach to work
- The ability to work well within a team and individually, using your initiative to complete tasks effectively and proficiently
- A committed work ethic, with enthusiasm to develop your skills and a drive to learn
- Integrity and dependability
- Customer service orientatation
- A willingness to learn new skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to speak to stakeholders at all levels (including health and care professionals and senior leadership)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience of managing relationships and the ability to talk and present to a range of audiences.
- The ability to work under pressure on multiple projects within your project timeframes.
- Participation in digital transformation/change programmes.
- Ability to work under own initiative within a team environment.
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and G-suit.
- An excellent understanding of health, care and business environments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in digital health
- An understanding of the NHS and organisational complexities
- Proven track record of leading projects and tasks
- Experience of working in a project management role
This is a role which would suit someone who is comfortable with digital health and understands its value, with a background in either front-line delivery or someone who has facilitated change for frontline delivery teams. This would ideally be in a healthcare setting, or alternatively most public sector areas would be beneficial experience to have.
Joining ORCHA is a chance to immerse yourself in an exciting and fast emerging environment that is at the forefront of tackling some of the most important challenges societies face. This is a job that will grow with you and constantly offer new challenges and new horizons.
Personalised career path ladders to ensure fulfilling career.
Paid annual leave 25 days per year based on 37.5 hour week.
ORCHA are still young but growing fast and you have the chance still to be one of the 'founding' team and join them for what we know will be a fantastic journey.
Implementations Manager - Up to £45,000