Reporting to the Financial Analyst, you will assist with the preparation of the monthly management accounts. You will work as part of a small team and gain exposure to many different tasks within a finance role within a company striving for continuous improvement. As a highly ambitious person, with a desire to complete the CIMA qualification, you will be given the option for career progression within the Finance & Procurement team
Day to Day Accounting
• Create customer sales invoices
• Process Purchase Invoices- receiving, recording and gain purchaser approvals. o Including credit card reconciliation
• Process Customer credit applications and making decisions on credit levels
• Aged debtors. Following up on any near or overdue customer invoices, weekly.
• Aged creditors. Ensuring purchase ledger is up to date, weekly.
• Manage the company petty cash
• Prepare supplier payment schedules
• Daily bank reconciliations of multiple currency accounts (GBP, USD & EUR)
• Exchange rate report: o provide Sales with daily exchange rates via email o update monthly exchange rates
• Monitor daily cash flow
• Answer general accounting queries both internally and externally
• Prepare accurate and properly supported journal entries, reconciling all control accounts and posting them each month through the following reports: o Production stock o Sales stock o Goods in transit o Engineering work in progress o Accruals & prepayments o Amortisation o Depreciation o Accrued income
• Support the Accounting Manager with preparation and monitoring of financial statements including ratio analysis and recommendations o Statement of profit and loss o Statement of financial position o Statement of equities
• Prepare slides for finance quarterly meeting
• Monthly Finance KPI dashboard
• Analytic Account checks, weekly
• Complete adhoc reporting / analysis tasks
• Provide monthly report of sales and margin analysis for commissions Procurement
• Support procurement tasks where necessary
Full Time with an immediate start available!