Consult Red?is an employee-owned company and a trusted partner to some of the world's largest brands. We're an R&D technology partner that develops cutting-edge 'Internet of Things (IoT) smart, connected products, video and broadband end-user equipment, streaming TV devices, networks and platforms. Connected devices and systems developed by Consult Red are currently in more than 30 million homes around the world.
Our story started in 2003 when five friends founded the company in Shipley, West Yorkshire. Since then, we've grown a lot. We work with the world's leading media operators, including Liberty Global (Virgin, UPC), Comcast (Sky) and AT&T (Directv), and in the last 12 months along we've grown our team in the UK, Poland and the US by 40%. We're now over 220 people globally, working collaboratively to provide an industry-leading consultancy service across software development, hardware, embedded, and cloud technologies.
We're proud to be an employee-owned business.? At Consult Red, everyone has a stake, and everyone has a say. The employees are the business owners, and we work together with shared values and purpose towards our common goals. We want every team member to feel empowered, have a say in our future, and share in our success.? About This Role:
We don't sell products; we sell expertise. That means our technical bar is set very high, and we only hire the best. This makes recruiting for Red a real challenge, but a rewarding one which will take you out of your comfort zone every day.
As a Senior IT Recruiter, you'll provide a comprehensive recruitment service for some of our key programmes and projects. We recruit for Software Engineers, Hardware Engineers, Integrators, and Architects, amongst other things. You'll need to speak the lingo, and have considerable experience in technical recruitment already, to help you hit the ground running.
People with the right kind of expertise (C, C++, Java, Android, Embedded Linux) aren't easy to find. That means you'll need to be adept at proactive candidate search, using LinkedIn Recruiter and other tools. You'll couple this with an honest, authentic approach and a real belief in adding value with every interaction.
Part of your role will be managing an extensive network of suppliers, including recruitment agencies, contractors, and other service providers. You should be confident managing these kinds of relationships, including dealing with any issues - whether practical or contractual - and negotiating terms on a variety of business-to-business agreements, whilst keeping an eye on all of the relevant rules and legislation.
This is a fast-moving and pressurised role, and our team deals with plenty of uncertainty. Our customer's needs and requirements can change and, when they do, we have to react quickly, providing solutions to tight deadlines and even tighter specifications. This means that hard work, resilience, innovation, and expectation management are our bread-and-butter.
To us, recruitment isn't just another business process. We're the first point of contact that many people will have with Red, so every interaction is important, and every conversation counts. We're growing at an incredible pace, and our biggest challenge is to continue to rapidly scale up our workforce, whilst staying true to these principles and standing out from the crowd in a competitive marketplace.
If you have the right kind of experience, and this sounds like the challenge for you, we'd love for you to apply below. How You'll Spend Your Time:
What You'll Need to Bring:
- 360 - degree recruitment for permanent Engineer roles in the UK (both Software and Hardware)
- Creating and managing large multi-platform recruitment campaigns
- Liaising with contractors, recruitment agencies, job boards, and other third parties
- Negotiating contracts, terms and rates with external suppliers
- Advising the business on relevant legislative matters, such as GDPR and IR35
- Supporting with global recruitment needs, primarily in Poland
- Building talent pipelines using recruitment tools, such as LinkedIn Recruiter
- Vacancy management, reporting and other administrative work
What we'll give you in return:
- A strong track record in recruitment, preferably "in-house" - Essential
- The ability to build strong, mutually beneficial relationships with a large variety of stakeholders (candidates, contractors, colleagues and customers) - Essential
- Experience recruiting for high volumes of software engineers (preferably C, C++, Java, Android) - Essential
- Excellent communication skills, over the phone, in person and on e-mail - Essential
- Broad knowledge of relevant UK legislation (GDPR, IR35 etc.) - Essential
- The ability to process and prioritise a broad set of inputs, and large workload, with minimal direction - Essential
- Experience of recruitment in Poland - Desirable
- Experience within a Technology Consultancy environment - Desirable
- Employee ownership; a chance to be part of something unique
- A competitive salary that grows with your career
- A twice-yearly company bonus scheme
- Full personal medical cover, which can be upgraded to cover your family
- 5% matched contributory pension
- Opportunities to train, develop and grow your career
- 25 days' holiday as standard, rising an extra day every year
- A flexible and risk-averse approach to remote work
- Access to the "Headspace" mindfulness app
We believe in moving fast and keeping things simple.
Once you submit your CV, we'll send you a short online form asking you to confirm a couple of details. Your application then goes directly to the Hiring Manager to review. We'll always try to come back to you within a few days.