An outstanding permanent opportunity has arisen to join one of the North West's most successful, award winning businesses as a Commercial Finance Analyst, based in Chester.
Reporting to their impressive Commercial Finance Manager, your role will Support the delivery of all financial planning and analysis including business forecasts, annual budgets and medium-term plans with full cross functional business alignment. You will Support the Commercial Finance Manager on business partnering workstreams and initiatives and provide ad-hoc analysis to support Commercial Finance and the wider business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the timely and accurate preparation of P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow schedules for the annual budget and plan, and the quarterly forecast cycle.
- Prepare relevant supplementary schedules and analysis for monthly reporting / board packs.
- Provide accurate and timely analysis that will support and challenge business decisions and financial planning inputs
- Playback financial data and analytics to a range of stakeholders in a clear and concise way.
- Support the improvement of the current budget and forecast process through automation and creation of bespoke tools, removing over reliance on Excel.
- Develop and maintain appropriate operational KPIs to ensure business-wide engagement of OKRs.
- Evaluate risks and opportunities through analysis, backed by data and credible assumptions, allowing for the maintenance of a risk and opportunity register.
- Support the production of daily, weekly, monthly and ad hoc management reporting where required, including operational KPIs.
- Support of consumer insurance programme/ annual renewal process, with ad-hoc analysis and ensuring ongoing compliance.
To be considered you will have the following experience:
- Part qualified accountant or with a desire to study towards a professional accounting qualification
- Preferably hold a relevant degree in a numerical or commercial discipline
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail
- Excellent organisation skills, delivering to tight deadlines
- Excellent numeracy and problem-solving skills
- Excellent Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Experience of working in a finance function with exposure to Budgeting and Forecasting
- Experience of working with cross functional / non-finance teams
- Strong commercial awareness
- Ability to adapt to change
As well as a competitive salary DOE + annual bonus, you will also receive Study Support, 33 days' holiday (including bank holidays) Working hours will be Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.30pm with flexible working available. Please apply now for immediate consideration.