Reputable, progressive Law firms have an exciting opportunity for a Legal Assistant to join their Private Client team, specifically in the area of the Court of Protection.
Although based in Birmingham you will have an opportunity to travel to other offices (Expenses paid)
You will be responsible for providing PA/secretarial support to the Legal Advisors and assisting the team with the day-to-day administration of all aspects of Court of Protection work. You will be:
- Assisting with case progression service including helping to make and progress to completion applications to the Court of Protection.
- Assisting in the management of individual property and financial affairs, including liaising with a number of professionals such as members of the litigation team, case managers, therapists, and financial advisors.
- Assist with the preparation of accounts and annual deputyship reports and the preparation of bills of costs.
- Proactively advising as well as responding to clients and assist others involved in case preparation by telephone and in-person and building strong relationships.
- Organising meetings and travel for the advisors and general ad-hoc support.
Applicants will have previous legal experience within Private Client. Court of Protection experience would be desirable although not essential.
Katie Bard is acting as an agency and is an equal opportunities employer
Katie Bard will be managing your application in accordance with the GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018. Please refer to the privacy notice on our website which will explain how we as an organisation will manage your data. If your application is successful we will contact you and manage your personal data in accordance with the guidelines of GDPR. If your application has been unsuccessful we will delete your application within 6 weeks and all record of your data.