Are you looking for your next career opportunity within engineering?
With over 40 years' experience, our client is a leader in delivering manufacturing excellence within the global aerospace market. Their strong reputation as a world class supplier of manufactured aerospace components supports thousands of flight hours every year.
We are looking for CNC Machinists to join a great company based in Romford, operating lathes and/or mills as part of a dynamic team to complete production. The CNC Lathes are Haas machines, running on Fanuc, and the CNC Mills are Bridgeports, using Heidenhain. Knowledge of these programmes is required.
This role will see you:
· Set and operate CNC work centres adhering to job cards
· Machine parts/components in line with delivery requirements against agreed schedules & cost
· Monitor production process and outputs
· Conduct quality control checks on products
· Stack and store products in accordance with guidelines
· Carry out cleaning and basic maintenance of work areas and machinery
· Report equipment faults to maintenance staff
Required experience and skills:
· Demonstrable examples of dexterity
· Time served engineer or relevant qualifications. Mazak, Makino preferable
· Working understanding of lean manufacturing and 5S (Sort, Set In Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) process desirable
· Precision components manufacturing to high quality standards
· Use of hand tools and calibrated measuring equipment.
· Previous experience (+5) in a similar required
· Previous experience of relevant products and environment
If this role sounds like something you would enjoy, and you already have some working knowledge of CNC Turning, please apply now.