Management Accountant, Financial Controller, Benfleet, Rayleigh £35,000, 12 month FTC
Our client is a successful Construction and Highways business based in Benfleet who have been established for over 30 years. A hard working team who all pitch in to allow the job to be done in any area and a friendly and approachable company, with substantial investment they have been able to grow the business and therefore you will be joining a successful and growing business. Due to changes and growth they are looking to recruit a hands-on Financial Controller/Management Accountant to join their team on a 12-month FTC with a strong option of being permanent after too.
Paying up to £35,000 you will be responsible in ensuring the effective financial management and reporting for the business and actively contribute towards the financial planning and strategic growth of the organisation as a key member of the Management Team.
- To oversee the financial controls in the business thereby safeguarding its assets.
- To implement effective cash management strategies for the business.
- To deliver continuous improvement of financial information provided to the business to support decision making
- Preparing month end payments
- BACs run
- Checking and reconciling credit cards
- Credit card allocations for payments
- Bank Reconciliation and forecast, for Current and ID accounts - on Sage and cashflow forecast
- CSA payments and Attachment of earnings deduction
- Credit control
- Month end accounts to Trial Balance
- Monthly cost allocations
- Fixed Asset register additions and deletions, and depreciation
- Payroll Journals
- Hire Purchase processing
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Journal entry
- Liaison with auditors, banks and investors.
- Payroll Payments
- Checking Payroll Values
Person and experience needed
What you need to do now
- Strong Management Accounting/Senior Finance experience ideally within a fast-paced SME
- Construction industry experience would be ideal
- Willingness to pitch in and get involved in supporting transaction duties such as ledgers if needed
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in cash planning and forecasting
- Experience of liaising with auditors, banks and board members.
- Excellent excel skills including pivot tables, lookups, formulas and reporting
- Sage 50 would be an advantage too
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.