Band 7 OT with Mental Health experience
Our client is looking for an Occupational Therapist Band 7 to join their team in Shrewsbury.Responsible for:
Assessing mental health referrals into Secondary Mental Health Care. Predominantly by telephone, determining MH needs risks and Urgency of response.Key Duties and Responsibilities
If you are interested please contact Anjana at Atlantis Medical
- Leading on the assessment of people referred to the Access (All Age) Service.
- Development and maintenance of effective communications within the area of work and promotion of positive working relationships with pathway colleagues, departments and other agencies.
- Organising and delivering informal, team-based, training to the wider team which focuses on the particular needs of all age clients with functional mental health problems.
- Managing time effectively to ensure the best use of staff and resources when acting as Shift Co, informing senior members of the team/pathway when issues impacting on service delivery become apparent.
- Helping to ensure a positive and professional image of the service is maintained through collaboration, role modelling and openness.
- Adhering to legislation, policy, procedure and guidance from the Trust and other relevant professional bodies
- Maintaining compliance with the required range of mandatory and statutory training as well as with the requirements of registration with relevant professional bodies including Nursing and Midwifery Council
- To provide an active involvement in the assessment processes to ensure effective outcomes for people referred to secondary mental health services are met.
- To triage all initial requests, including those relating to Health and Social care, eg the Care Act, (2014) Appropriate Adult, Mental Capacity (i.e. Best Interests),(2005) and Mental Health Act assessments (1983/2007)and the Human Rights Act (1998).
- Contribute to, and facilitate the commencement of risk screening and gathering information to determine levels of need and support for service users.