#BecauseScotlandCaresGlasgow Mental Health & Huntington's Service
Turning Point Scotland's Glasgow Mental Health & Huntington's Service provides support to individuals suffering from complex and enduring mental health problems, and individuals who suffer from symptomatic Huntington's disease to have as fulfilling a life as possible
Our aim is to assist individuals to maintain their own tenancies. But the service aims for more than just sustaining independent living. Turning Point Scotland is committed to finding individuals a support network of positive relationships involving everyone in fulfilling & meaningful activity. We want individuals we support to have a true Sense of belonging, a positive identity and feel a valued role with recognition in their local communities
Housing support, personal care, and care at home packages as well as involvement in a range of education, employability & social activities through self-directed support are offered, based on the specific needs of the individual. This can range from a few hours per week to support accessible 24 hrs/7 days per week.Main duties and responsibilitiesSupport to people who use services - To:
- provide support and assistance to people who we support in accordance with their support plans and service aims.
- assist with initial and on-going assessments of people who we support.
- advise people who we support in accordance with guidance from senior colleagues or in accordance with the service aims.
- be a key worker as required.
- maintain professional confidentiality and boundaries at all times.
- support and assist people who we support in crisis situations, and/or manage physical risk or behaviour likely to cause incidents, in accordance with the support plan or service protocol.
- travel within the service area you are contracted for and supporting the travel and transportation of people who we support in accordance with their support plan (mobility, own car, service vehicles, public transport etc).
- have an understanding of the causes and effects of social exclusion as is relevant to the service and area in which you work.
Please select the APPLY button to be redirected to our website.