The Business Transformation Portfolio Office (BTPO) at the University of St Andrews provides expertise in portfolio, programme and project management, business analysis, and continuous improvement.
BTPO is seeking to appoint a Business Analyst to support the delivery of change initiatives across the University and to assist in the continuous improvement of change-related processes, leading to improved customer service and business efficiency.
Candidates should be educated to degree level or equivalent and have significant experience in the provision of a wide range of business analysis services in a large complex organisation. Experience or previous involvement in programme and project management, change management or continuous improvement roles, along with any supporting qualifications, is highly desirable. A good understanding of Higher Education processes would be an advantage.
Candidates are expected to be resourced immediately on to projects, with minimal training required.
Additionally candidates should be able to demonstrate:
· In depth knowledge of BA techniques and other relevant tools.
· Good interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work co-operatively with multi-disciplinary groups/teams.
· Excellent analytical skills with the ability to distil large amounts of data into concise recommendations for action.
· Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
· Ability to show initiative and develop novel solutions to complex problems.
· Excellent facilitation skills with the ability to work confidently with all levels in the organisation.
· Excellent time management skills
· High level of influencing and motivational skills
Further information and informal enquiries may be directed to Mark Hood, Tel: 01334 461694.
Applications are particularly welcome from women, people from the Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic (BAME) community and other protected characteristics who are under-represented in professional services posts at the University.
The University is committed to equality for all, demonstrated through accreditation (Athena SWAN;
Carer Positive; Stonewall, LGBT and Race Charters).
This post will/may be primarily based at the Eden Campus at Guardbridge, a state-of-the-art working environment for professional services units.
Closing Date: 24 September 2021 Interviews: 4 / 5 October 2021
We encourage applicants to apply online, however if you are unable to do this, please call +44 (0)1334 462571 for an application pack.
Please quote ref: AD2183NB
The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland (No SC013532).