We are currently looking for a field service engineer and product expert (same role) to join our service and support team in Edinburgh. The team is responsible for installation, service and support (remote and on site) and customer training for RVM Systems reverse vending machines.
It is an exciting role involving travelling, meeting customers and multitasking between solving technical problems and issues, and educating customers on how to use and take care of reverse vending machines. The position involves regular work on evenings and weekends to enable the best support for our customers. Working predominantly on your own and sometimes as part of a team for larger installations, you should consider yourself to be a self-starter who is highly result-driven and constantly focused on quality and continuous improvement. You will have excellent communication skills and be comfortable in a customer facing role.
RVM Systems operates two brands - RVM Systems (reverse vending machines) and Anker Andersen (automatic sorting solutions / counting centre solutions). We are a long term technology partner to the largest deposit return scheme markets globally. We are privately owned. Last year our machines collected 11.5 billion used beverage containers globally, equivalent of 100 billion smartphones charged and 300 million litres of oil saved! Ahead of a national roll out of a deposit return scheme in UK, we are looking expand our service team to four.
· Member of the installation, service and support team of RVM Systems
· Install, service and maintain reverse vending machines at the customer site
· Ensure maximum performance of RVM Systems reverse vending machines
· Educate and support customers on how to use reverse vending machines
· Hold training of RVM Systems reverse vending machines for customers and partners
· Become an expert on reverse vending machines that customers turn to for questions and issues
· Be ready to work on weekends and evenings when needed for installation and service
· Be ready to travel throughout UK
· Be based out of Edinburgh, Scotland
· High technical expertise in point of sale products or recycling equipment
· Well versed in mechanics, electronics and software / applications
· Long experience in customer support
· Long experience in product training
· Ability to work independently and in teams
· Experience in engaging directly with clients
· Business or engineering degree
· Ability to work evening and weekends on regular basis
· Based in Edinburgh area
· Excellent communication skills in English
· A full clean driver's license
· Able to pass a disclosure Scotland check