Design Engineering -Team Lead Glasgow, Inchinnan, Renfrewshire
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Design Engineering - Hydrogen Team Lead to make a significant contribution to the growth of our award-winning, global technology manufacturing business.
Reporting to the Design Engineering Manager, you will oversee the team responsible for Product and Technology Innovation, including the development of new hydrogen based products and integrating engineering changes to existing ones. This role will also involve delivering a world class customer service through technical support to global internal and external customers. Leading a cross functional team of 7, there will be a strong requirement for leadership skills. An understanding of engineering principles such as design for manufacture, product development processes and technology innovation would be beneficial.
You will be responsible for :
- Driving a collaborative engaged team that is aligned to departmental goals and Global Business Objectives
- Leading initiatives to address production faults attributed to design and component selection
· Prioritising and allocating the teams workload
· Ensuring project spend is accurate including capital and operational expenditure
- Developing and mentoring Engineers by sharing knowledge and best practice
· Ensuring timely completion of all required documentation for project related tasks
You must have a proven track record of team management in a fast paced Engineering environment with a knowledge of product development lifecycle and delivering new products to market. Candidates should also have a degree in a relevant engineering discipline or sufficient experience.
In addition you will have an understanding of the following :
· Electrical systems and Mechanical design
· Document Compliance and Component / BoM / Drawing Revision Control
· SAP or another ERP system
· Hydrogen technology would be a distinct advantage.
Our values are structured around our colleagues, our customers and our service, our priority is always on delivering successful outcomes for our customers. At the heart of Peak is a focus on 'doing the right thing', it's an informal approach but one which is well-known and understood throughout our business.
Peak Scientific is a global leader in developing innovative gas generation solutions for analytical laboratories in a wide variety of industries including life sciences, biomedical, pharma, petrochemical and environmental. After over 20 years of sustained growth, Peak is well established as a dominant player in laboratory gas generation
- a market which is estimated to be worth over £250m globally, and still growing. With over 20 overseas offices across every continent and over 600 staff globally, Peak is one of Scotland's manufacturing success stories of the past decade. This is a rare opportunity to be a part of that, as we move into the next phase of growth, consolidation and global expansion with plans to establish new manufacturing and distribution capacity, both in the UK and internationally.We offer a competitive package and opportunities to develop within an expanding international company. If you have what it takes to be part of Peak, click APPLY!