Loretto School is one of Britain's leading independent boarding and day schools located on the outskirts of Edinburgh and we have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Support Services to join our team.
The successful candidate will ensure the professional and smooth delivery of the school's financial operations. In addition, the successful candidate will provide leadership to a diverse team of support staff and ensure the successful management of the day-to-day non-educational and commercial operations of the School.
The right candidate will enjoy working in an exciting but challenging environment and form an integral part of the Chief Operating Officer's leadership team and the wider school community.Experience & Skills
The desired candidate will be a bright, creative, and visionary leader with outstanding financial acumen and the ability to develop and empower others and to work as part of a team to ensure the continuing success of the School. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and robust commercial judgment will be essential.
The successful candidate is expected to possess the following qualities:
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
- A passion for own specialist area and a desire to share this with staff
- Outstanding interpersonal skills - a demonstrable ability to build rapport and communicate persuasively with prospective parents, parents, staff and pupils from diverse backgrounds
- Customer-focused approach to engaging with families and understanding their particular needs and priorities
- Effective decision-making skills
- Highly organised, with the ability to act on your own initiative.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise.
- Able to work well as part of a team and to share ideas with colleagues.
This is a full-time permanent post. Salary will be determined by experience and aptitude for the role but will be in the region of £50,000.Application
If you think that this is the right opportunity for you visit our website for an application form or contact us, if you would like to arrange for an informal discussion.
For more details on the School, please take a virtual tour by clicking here.Closing Date: Friday 24th September.Interview Procedure
The School is currently closed due to COVID-19 restrictions, the selection process will be undertaken virtually and all offers will be subject to ongoing operational requirements.
The School is committed to equal opportunities for all its pupils and staff.
Loretto is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Loretto meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, all applicants who are offered employment will be subject to Disclosure Scotland Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme checks before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings, as well as convictions. The cost of this application will be met by the School. Annually, every member of staff at the School is required to undergo, complete, and sign to confirm that they have received child protection training and will uphold it.