Loretto School is one of Britain's leading independent boarding and day schools located on the outskirts of Edinburgh and we have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Marketing, Communications and Admissions to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the organisation, development, implementation and leadership of all matters related to admissions, marketing, communications, events and letting in close liaison with the Chief Operating Officer. The role works across both the Junior and Senior Schools.
The right candidate will enjoy working in an exciting but challenging environment and form an integral part of the Chief Operating Officer's leadership team and the wider school community.
Experience & Skills
The desired candidate will demonstrate a track record of success in marketing, admissions and communications and brand management with evidence of success and enthusiasm across a wide range of disciplines, including but not exclusively, communications, branding, customer care, photography, video direction and production, print media and PR.
- The successful candidate is expected to possess the following qualities:
- Creative thinker, able to bring new ideas to established processes and then influence and persuade across a varied stakeholder group.
- Proven marketing skills and experience which demonstrate excellent visual and written judgement for the development of creative marketing campaigns.
- Good knowledge of PR and branding
- Comprehensive working knowledge of websites, social media, creative software apps and Microsoft packages.
- In-depth knowledge of admissions management or the equivalent discipline within a comparable service / hospitality industry
- The ability to build relationships quickly and to interact in a pleasant and professional manner with staff and parents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write high-quality marketing copy.
- Articulate and a credible ambassador, able to work effectively with a wide range of people, to lead and manage change whilst at the same time a team player willing to get involved at every level.
This is a full-time permanent post. Salary will be determined by experience and aptitude for the role but will be in the region of £50,000. Application
If you think that this is the right opportunity for you visit our website for an application form or you would like to arrange for an informal discussion.
For more details on the School, please take a virtual tour by clicking here. Closing Date: Friday 24th September.Interview Procedure
The School is currently closed due to COVID-19 restrictions, the selection process will be undertaken virtually and all offers will be subject to ongoing operational requirements.
The School is committed to equal opportunities for all its pupils and staff.
Loretto is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Loretto meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, all applicants who are offered employment will be subject to Disclosure Scotland Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme checks before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings, as well as convictions. The cost of this application will be met by the School. Annually, every member of staff at the School is required to undergo, complete, and sign to confirm that they have received child protection training and will uphold it.