Covent Garden, LondonSALARY:
£35.78 per hour inclusive of pro rata holiday entitlement and preparation time.HOURS:
Variable, according to programme planning and requirementsBE PART OF OUR COMMUNITY:
City Lit is London's largest provider of learning for adults, inspiring over 30,000 students a year and offering more than 5,000 courses. As a leader in our field, we have a reputation for delivering a high quality student experience. Our impact within London is far-reaching, and through the support of our community outreach work, extends beyond our Covent Garden home to bring our teaching to many communities across the capital. Working in partnership with community organisations across London, we deliver bespoke projects that support individuals and communities to enrich and improve lives.THE ROLE:
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Fashion Tutor to join our Visual Arts department. You will plan, teach and evaluate courses specialising in fashion design and construction, as part of a team delivering teaching and learning across a range of levels from beginner to advanced courses. You will teach in a flexible and creative way, write schemes of work and lesson plans, and assess students learning during course delivery.SELECTION CRITERIA:
- A degree or other relevant experience in fashion
- Up to date knowledge and enthusiasm for the subject that can inspire students.
- Experience of teaching adults in a subject relevant to the programme area.
- A thorough and demonstrable knowledge of fashion design and construction.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team in the coordinated delivery of the course, to share best practice and learn from other colleagues.
To apply for this role please submit your CV and a covering letter that demonstrates your skills and experience against the selection criteria. Please complete our online application form using the "Apply Now" button.Closing Date
: 23:59 on 19 September 2021Interview Date
: To be confirmed.
City Lit promotes and values equality and diversity.