The purpose of this role is to lead the organisation's supply of products and services, by managing the end-to-end procurement process, ensuring contract benefits are tracked, achieving identified outcomes. Working in partnership with operational colleagues, including setting the strategic direction for commercial / procurement activity; planning for and supporting day-to-day procurement operations across the organisation as a whole, and identifying opportunities for continuous improvements in cost and service quality. Through the use of procurement best practice, discover the best ways to reduce procurement costs, achieve value for money whilst also maximising the commercial opportunities available.Key accountabilities
- Support colleagues to develop a consolidated procurement plan, based on their operational plans. To identify the required resources, and any external supply chain provision required for technical input or where there is no internal capacity.
- Review outsourced contracts and periodically assess and reassess the benefits of outsourcing verses bringing the services in house.
- Supporting the services to manage live contracts, in particular where performance or commercial issues arise.
- Develop procurement performance metrics and a reporting schedule to ensure efficiency targets are met.
- Provide hands-on, operational support for high value, complex and strategic procurement programmes / projects, supporting the end-to-end process to achieve procurement and commercial related benefits, such as whole life cost reduction; quality improvement (including improving the performance of suppliers); and social value benefits.
- Lead the end-to-end procurement process. Regularly reviewing and updating when required all of GambleAware's commercial and procurement, policies, processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain a contracts register with all of GambleAware's contract details and documents.
- Support colleagues to deliver strong contract performance, through understanding contract requirements, monitoring performance, and ensuring desired outcomes are achieved.
- Review the commercial and procurement policies where necessary to drive a transparent, fair and non-discriminatory procurement process.
- Provide comprehensive commercial and procurement plans including presentation of metrics and progress reports to leadership.
How to apply
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, inclusivity and equal opportunity in working with colleagues and stakeholders with a wide range of perspectives and experiences.
- Be responsible for the line management to support the delivery of commercial procurement activities.
- Lead, plan, co-ordinate and manage commercial / procurement activities on a day-to-day basis, supporting the organisation in meeting key strategic business aims and goals.
- Ensure business cases are defined and developed.
- Ensure the integrity of the commercial / procurement activities, focusing on the internal consistency, its coherence with strategic planning and its interfaces with other programmes.
- Responsible for achieving defined targets and standards against the key performance and quality indicators through performance monitoring, procurement evaluation models, and the delivery of service and quality improvement with the organisation.
- Required to support the Chief Operating Officer with the production of Board, Committee and Leadership Team papers and reporting tools.
- Promote and develop the culture of a learning organisation committed to high quality of care and continuous improvement.
- Undertake any other tasks as reasonably directed by your line manager
- Adhere to GambleAware policies and procedures
- Be a good team worker, demonstrating loyalty and commitment to the organisation and team members.
Please submit a comprehensive CV along with a covering letter (up to two pages) setting out your interest in the role and how you meet the essential requirements in relation to the accountabilities and responsibilities for the role.
GambleAware is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.