PMO - Global Energy Client
I am currently working with a world-renown global energy client in their search for multiple PMO's on a long term contract. The activities of the PMO are centralized around resource and work planning & control, budget management, change management, reporting, and product quality control. This role may also include leading a small team of junior program control services members: schedule and assign work, set objectives, ensure quality, and provide motivation and feedback on performance.The role:
Skills & Requirments:
- Understand the Project Delivery Framework (PDF) and how to apply both Waterfall and Agile project delivery methodologies within the framework.
- Understand the key elements required to set up an IT project and work closely with PMs and other parties to ensure smooth set up. Ensure PDF compliance through setting up appropriate repositories and data entries, maintaining quality data, and making sure that required deliverables are created, reviewed and approved.
- Produce project reports and ensure that status reporting is fit for purpose, complete, timely, accurate, and communicated effectively.
- Capture and track risks and issues. Maintain change logs.
- Examine project documentation/data for completeness and accuracy.
- Effectively use tools like Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Project, Visio), PPM, and required templates to create and manage project deliverables.
- Define and implement the PMO environment and toolset which is fit for purpose for a project. Ensures effective usage of the toolset and that adequate processes, assurance, reporting, communication, data, etc. are in place.
- Support the PM to define, sequence, and estimate resources, activities, and durations to develop a baseline schedule. Track and manage activity progress, dependencies and deviations.
- Support the PM to manage the resource plan, for example, through initiating project resource requests to suppliers and monitoring timecards.
- Support the PM to create a project budget and work through approval processes to agree the budget. Track, report on, and reconcile actual costs and revenues across the project lifecycle.
- Proactively ensure project Assurance compliance.
- Facilitate project meetings and track minutes and actions.
- Support project alignment with and adherence to Shell standard project delivery methodologies (e.g. PDF).
- Good understanding and experience of the various Agile frameworks
- Experience in Agile tooling (ex -VSTS) is a must.
- Experience working with Agile teams as a core/extended team member is desirable
- Agile certifications/trainings preferred
- Attention to data quality.
- Highly organized, possessing strong analytical abilities.
- Expert in use of project management scheduling tools.
- Familiar with critical path analysis and portfolio dependencies from an administrative perspective.
- Understand estimation and contingency management techniques and best practices
Position: PMO - Global Energy Client
Daily Rate: £400- £500 per day (Inside ir35)
If you think you could be a good fit for this role, feel free to reach out to 02077806706 to talk to Keeva Brennan for more info!
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/94428452