- Support the Turbine Island Lead in delivering the engineering activities across the Turbine Island, and within design teams.
- Liaise closely with other SMR Island engineering functions on Turbine Island engineering design interfaces.
- Development of Safety and Functional Requirements
- Design Package production in line with Requirements
- Development and review of Water and Steam cycle P&ID's
- Management of Interfaces within UK SMR Turbine Island scope and other Joint consortium partners
- Preparation of Technical Specifications and reports
- Develop Modularisation concepts in line with Project Requirements
- Maintain Equipment Lists and engineering schedules
- Review of Turbine Island 3D CAD models and systems.
- Support Lead SMR developer on preliminary safety reviews, HAZOP reviews, Optioneering and Reactor Island and Turbine Island system interface requirements reviews.
Good experience in similar roles with specific emphasis on FEED through to detailed design and EPC.
Site operational and installation experience on Turbine plants or NPP projects
Experienced in leading and managing multi-disciplinary design teams
Appreciation of CDM and construction processes
Appreciation of Quality Assurance standards and processes
Able to define steam turbine water and steam cycle modelling outcomes and oversee work undertaken
Ability to define budgets/work programmes for complete design project life cycles e.g. requirements capture, concept design and detailed design.
Proven ability to develop high quality engineering solutions associated with Good understanding of relevant Regulations, ONR, Environment Agency and HSE
Systems Engineering awareness
Experience in managing sub-contractors
CEng in a relevant discipline
SC Clearance or capable of achieving itSecurity Clearance:
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.