As our next Data Governance Lead for Policy and Risk, you'll support activity to ensure adherence to an enterprise data governance framework to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection of data to meet overall business requirements. You'll join a likeminded team in our Leeds based Data Governance function (currently working remotely).
What You'll Do
- Develop, manage and maintain the organisation's Information Management Risk approach and processes, driving forward improved risk management and policy oversight maturity.
- Embed performance measures and metrics to monitor compliance with Information Management policies, Standards, and role responsibility requirements.
- Lead the Information Management component of the Risk and Control self-assessment process ensuring controls remain relevant and fit for purpose.
- Provide support for the management of the Information Management Risk Forum.
- Develop & maintain data governance and Information management risk reports, providing business commentary on trends, impacts and risks. Communicate reports to business stakeholders.
- Provide analysis, regular & ad-hoc reporting and status updates on data risk management activities.
- Provide, as part of the wider team, a single point of contact for business areas to raise, escalate and resolve problems relating to data risks and policy adherence
- Improve controls on data through validation and investigation of root causes and assessment of business area controls.
- Provide support in the production of data governance and data protection training manuals, procedures and other appropriate documentation to support improvement management of data.
- Experience of data management, governance and/or data quality initiatives or experience in the wider risk management field.
- Understanding of processes, standards and policies related to data management, governance and/or data quality or strong understanding and experience in risk management and how this can be applied to data management.
- Knowledge of Data Protection requirements and best practice.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry would be desirable but not essential.
Life at YBS
In addition to the usual benefits such as competitive salary, annual bonus and healthcare packages we offer you...
Flexibility - We offer a range of flexible working options to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Whether it's finishing early for an appointment or fitting your studies and hobbies in around your working hours, we'll help work to work for you.
Celebrating Success - From everyday thank you cards, to our annual 'Raising the Roof' gala to celebrate our golden ticket winners we acknowledge our colleagues successes no matter how big or small.
Giving Back - Fancy 31 hours of paid leave a year to get involved in community activities? Together last year, we completed more than 11,000 hours of volunteering!
Inclusivity - We don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Site Perks - Some of our sites have added little extras such as a gym, restaurant and free parking at our Bradford site, roof garden in Leeds, and free parking at our Peterborough site.
If you've got a solid background in leading Data Governance and you want to develop a career in an empowering, respectful and supporting business then why not join us?
Our people are our heart and soul; we're commercial and caring, big enough to offer you a challenge and small enough for you to make a real impact. We're devoted to putting people first and doing the right thing by providing real help with real life.
We'd love to hear from you so why not apply today and be Your Brilliant Self!
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/94446171