As our next Automation Test Engagement Manager, you'll be a specialist, leading automation test management activities during the change Lifecycle, shaping and defining the scope for automation testing, including supporting the development of the Strategy and Roadmap for automation and delivery of YBS automation objectives and targets. You'll join a likeminded team in our Leeds and Bradford based Test function.
What You'll Do
- Supporting the creation of a Strategy and Roadmap to achieve YBS automation targets and build detailed plans for all activities.
- Developing test automation capability, set direction and influence the use of automation where it will add value and efficiency, by building return on investment cases.
- Building close relationships with our suppliers to assure automation solutions and ensure they are of high quality.
- Shaping and develop automation test plans for all programmes of work.
- Driving best practice in the delivery of automation frameworks and associated activities
- Promoting the use of test automation on all programmes and projects and into Agile/DevOps ways of working.
- Managing automation across all test phases and take responsibility for co-ordinating effective delivery and re-use.
- Ensuring the quality of all automation testing is fit for purpose and meets pre-set quality criteria.
- Providing clear direction as to the expected level of quality of automation deliverables, coaching and mentoring to achieve it when required.
- Highlighting shortcomings in the quality of deliverables impacting automation and raising risks and mitigation strategies.
- Providing Test Consultancy services to support the organisation in the delivery of automation objectives.
- Supporting the Test Management community in delivery, perform automation reviews and offer advice as required.
- Proven leadership credentials coupled with well-rounded general management and coaching skills, particularly in the area of test automation, along with extensive experience of building and managing testing teams to deliver projects, including outsourced teams.
- Extensive experience of IT Testing, having played leading roles in the successful design and implementation of automation test strategies for a range of projects.
- Expert level understanding of Test Management and testing techniques and lifecycle methodologies.
- Experience in estimation of automation activities and costs.
- Experience in managing a quality review process for automation testing artefacts which ensures that they conform to agreed standards and policies.
- Technically, you'll understand how to build strategies and use industry typical tools and techniques for automation and have working knowledge of Java, COBOL, Oracle, NET, SOA.
Life at YBS
In addition to the usual benefits such as competitive salary, annual bonus and healthcare packages we offer you...
Flexibility - We offer a range of flexible working options to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Whether it's finishing early for an appointment or fitting your studies and hobbies in around your working hours, we'll help work to work for you.
Celebrating Success - From everyday thank you cards, to our annual 'Raising the Roof' gala to celebrate our golden ticket winners we acknowledge our colleagues successes no matter how big or small.
Giving Back - Fancy 31 hours of paid leave a year to get involved in community activities? Together last year, we completed more than 11,000 hours of volunteering!
Inclusivity - We don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Site Perks - Some of our sites have added little extras such as a gym, restaurant and free parking at our Bradford site, roof garden in Leeds, and free parking at our Peterborough site.
If you've got a solid background in managing test automation and you want to develop a career in an empowering, respectful and supporting business then why not join us?
Our people are our heart and soul; we're commercial and caring, big enough to offer you a challenge and small enough for you to make a real impact. We're devoted to putting people first and doing the right thing by providing real help with real life.
We'd love to hear from you so why not apply today and be Your Brilliant Self!
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/94443581