This role is also available in the following locations: Salford, Southend-on-Sea and Telford
Closing date for application: 14th September 2021
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
HMRC is building a modern, digital tax administration and runs the biggest digital operation in Government, providing digital services for 45 million individuals and 4.9 million business customers. Our digital programme is multi-award winning and the envy of other government organisations.
Data Platform Services (DPS) within the Chief Digital and Information Officer group (CDIO) function designs, builds and operates the data foundations for all of HMRC's services at a size and scale larger than most other organisations.
DPS is leading a major transformation programme encompassing technology, capabilities and data services whilst continuing to deliver high quality and robust services to our internal and external customers. Job description
The Data Platform Services Group is building an engineering capability to help run, maintain, and evolve its strategic Data Analytics platforms and services.
Your role will be cross cutting touching all parts of the Group including Business Operations, Core Product Engineering and Intelligence Product Engineering, working with external teams such as estates and Cyber Security Information & Risk.
You will engage with contractors and third-party suppliers designing, building and running industry leading data services on behalf of the department.
There is an exciting opportunity to join a growing and fast paced delivery team where you will take part in delivering, supporting and maintaining technical platforms. Specialist areas may include ETL, Data Management, Data Lake, Data Warehousing, Data virtualisation, advanced analytics and AI.
Our operating model is based on coordinating around several data capabilities such as data acquisition, searching and risking. Each delivered and run by a dedicated product-oriented delivery (POD) team.
We focus on our people and have a dedicated Data Academy supporting personal development and creating defined career pathways that are rewarding, fulfilling and achievable.
We support our team members in managing their own work/life balance, and we have a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels able to bring their whole self to work.
The ideal candidate:
You will already have a proven track record in technical abilities and display a passion for exploring new technology trends.
You will demonstrate a proactive approach to work, and a real teamwork ethos which are key aspects we're looking for in candidates.
• As part of the Engineering team, you will have a part to play in the running, maintenance and evolution of the strategic Data Analytics products, platforms and services.
• Support agile project delivery. Providing technical support and guidance to others.
• Design, build and coordinate key components of our analytics platforms, including monitoring, alerting, capacity management, investigation and lead in the resolution of technical issues.
• Support a range of data exploitation tools.
• Implement preventative and corrective maintenance activities on platforms, tools, and data flows.
• Provide batch monitoring and support for complex critical 24x7 services.
• Use a wide range of collaboration and working aid tools such as TEAMS, Confluence and JIRA.
You will have solid knowledge and experience in one (or more) of the following skill areas:
• Data quality, ingestion, and transformation tools, including one of the following: SAP Data Services, SAS Data Flux.
• Data exploitation tools, including SAS VA, VS.
Supporting Knowledge and Experience in two of the following areas:
• Solid experience managing and supporting data analytics platforms, tools, ingestion and transformation solutions.
• Scheduling, running, monitoring, and fixing data flows both batch and real time.
• Knowledge of security approaches and tools, e.g. encryption, tokenisation, masking.
• Agile and Continuous Integration environments.
• Configuration management approaches and practices.
• Using source control technologies such as GIT.
• Cloud services: AWS or Azure.
• Certification in AWS.
• Certification in Azure.
• You may be asked to manage several internal staff and/or contractors.
• This role may provide the opportunity for the successful candidate to provide support outside of normal working hours and take part in On Call rotas.
• Limited travel may also be required within our geographically distributed Delivery structure. Benefits
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/94454266