One of the main functions of the End User Computing Team is to provide support for the desktop estate and deployed applications across all Windows and Mac desktops managed by our client's IT department (around 4,000).
You will have the main responsibility for ensuring the UEM of choice is working as designed on the endpoints managed with the UEM and that any incidents regarding business applications are resolved in a timely manner and in line with best practice guidelines, meeting our client's functional and security requirements.
This role is also critical to ensuring the configuration documents are kept up to date, including all ITSM changes.
You will have an excellent working knowledge of VMware Workspace ONE, Microsoft Windows 10, macOS, modern mobile operating systems and Chrome OS. Experience in an enterprise IT environment is essential.Desktop Engineer Responsibilities:
Desktop Engineer Requirements:
- Third line and VIP support for the desktop and mobile estate
- To build and maintain configuration profiles meeting specific business requirements in line with best practice guidelines and meeting functional and security requirements
- To maintain effective local documentation including standard operating procedures, best practices, and methodologies for configuration changes and troubleshooting
- To develop and maintain skills in VMware Workspace ONE, including assessing how they may be deployed into existing services or developed into new ones
- Identify and select, by agreement and liaison with IT Security teams, the best method to deploy device configuration profiles taking into consideration any current technical limitations
- Contribute to the development of the End User Computing infrastructure, assisting with the development of technical methodologies, best practice, policies, procedures and associated documentation.
- Other reasonable duties at the request of your management.
- Be active in ensuring your own continuing professional development and participate in relevant professional activities.
- Experience using UEMs, especially VMware Workspace ONE
- Excellent working knowledge of VMware Workspace ONE, Microsoft Windows 10, macOS, modern mobile operating systems and Chrome OS
- Experience in an enterprise IT environment
- Good working knowledge of enterprise authentication methods, especially Microsoft Active Directory, Google Cloud Identity and their integration with applications
- Awareness of enterprise connectivity solutions to use while troubleshooting
- Awareness of ITIL Change process and demonstrated application in practice
- Good logical diagnostic skills; ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues such as UEM enrolment errors, application and authentication/authorization issues
- Ability to use scripting languages such as VBScript, PowerShell or batch scripting to automate tasks within a Microsoft Windows environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with both IT and non-IT staff
- Outstanding customer service
- Passion for technology and demonstrated ability
- Good record keeping skills with the ability to produce clear technical documentation of configuration and changes
- Self-motivated, quick learner, able to work unsupervised and also to contribute as an effective member of the team
- Ability to innovate and convince others of the argument for change
- Ability and eagerness to meet new objectives and learn new skills
- Demonstrate evidence of having undertaken further training
- Degree or equivalent experience
About Our Client:
- Experience managing and developing IT systems in a logistics environment
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Google Cloud Identity/Workspace identity provider
- Ability to manage complex IT projects effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision, a finite pool of resources, and under pressure
- Formal IT accreditation in relevant technical discipline
- ITIL accreditation
You may remember our client as the company who in the 1970s revolutionised the automotive parts industry. Our client is a different company today with clients such as Vodafone, Sky, Jaguar Land Rover and, the NHS. Our client's Group is an independent manufacturing, logistics and consultancy company who employs nearly 10,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £1 billion.Location:
Nuneaton, WarwickshireContract Type:
£35,000 to £45,000 depending upon experience, plus car / car allowance
You may have experience of the following: Network Engineer, 3rd Line Support, MCSE, Desktop Support Engineer, Microsoft Systems Administrator, Technical Support Analyst, MCSA, Helpdesk Engineer, Network Administrator, etc.
Ref: 102 691
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/94520179