About the roleWe are currently recruiting for a number of Service Practitioner opportunities in our IT-Operations Here's a little more information about some of our Teams with Service Practitioner vacancies and the types of roles
This is a growing profession within NHS Digital and as such, we will be using this campaign to appoint to multiple vacancies, across multiple teams, both now and for the next 6 months. It is an exciting time to join this profession and NHS DigitalPrimary Care Team
You will provide subject matter expertise (SME) as a member of a multi-system, multi-service team, who work closely with suppliers to transition, operate and continually improve Primary Care services under the GPIT Futures Framework. The GP IT Futures Framework aims to deliver changes in the technology landscape to support the transformation of Primary Care. You will manage suppliers through assurance, on-boarding and operational processes, supporting the development of services to agreed Service or Operational Levels. Examples of Primary Care systems/services are:Onboarding - Governance and Personal Demographics Service Support
In this role, the postholder will manage the onboarding and assurance processes for all national programmes looking to move to a more agile onboarding experience. You will acquire knowledge of legal and Information Governance frameworks and also support the onboarding process in alignment with the strategic product roadmap for PDS, whilst supporting the development of the service to agreed Service and Operational Levels. National Testing Service
As part of our highly collaborative National Testing Service (NTS) Team within our Live Services Directorate, you will be primarily managing Incidents and Problems in a service integrator capacity across a complex network of systems and suppliers, for a service at the heart of the COVID-19 pandemic recovery. Coordinating the response to issues through conference calls with customers and suppliers, maintaining tickets within the IT Service Management toolset and ensuring the right subject matter experts are engaged from disciplines such as clinical safety, security, and information governance. Building and maintaining good business relationships across multiple stakeholders along with strong Incident Management and problem-solving skills are key to the role.NHSmail
The Service Practitioner will be responsible for undertaking a wide array of tasks to ensure that Service Management and Operational duties are effectively carried out, and report directly to the Service Manager supporting the delivery of NHSmail and the National M365 provision to Shared Tenant users. This role requires a broad understanding of the Service Management disciplines and NHS Digital applications and services. The ability to build strong and effective working relationships within Service Management and NHS Digital Programme teams and across suppliers, users and throughout the NHS is essential.Preventative Health Screening and Urgent and Emergency Care
Reporting directly to a Service Manager, the Service Practitioner is responsible for supporting the provision of the services within the team. The role will require an understanding of multiple ITIL disciplines across complex environments/supplier organisations and a working understanding of Service Management practices across the service lifecycle and preferably some understanding of working within Agile Service Management. Candidates should have experience in dealing in with multiple stakeholders of varying levels of authority. The individual should be a self-motivated individual with good trend analysis, problem solving and analytical skills.As a Service Practitioner you will:
- Manage conflicting demands and tensions of a range of stakeholders in high pressure situations.
- Communicate extremely complex Service Management performance data in a variety of methods which are appropriate for the audience.
- Facilitate or Chair regular meetings with stakeholders, such as supplier or stakeholder review meetings (covering a specific service management discipline) and representing Live Services.
- Facilitate feedback from senior staff, peers and representatives from external organisations and produce supporting meeting documentation.
- Produce accurate and timely reports on the performance of process areas for suppliers or end users.
- Regular use of Service Management toolsets to support decision making.
- Create, review and implement processes and procedures to ensure alignment with changing business requirements.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all key stakeholders including Service Management, NHS Digital programmes and supplier representatives.
Some of the key skills and experience you'll bring to the role:
- Knowledge of working in a Service Management environment and an understanding of the framework and how this is applied.
- The ability to use Service Management toolsets to support and enhance processes and procedures.
- Educated to postgraduate diploma/degree level or equivalent experience and ITIL Foundation V3 or V4, VeriSM Foundation or equivalent experience.
- Proven ability to understand the needs of the internal/external stakeholder and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
- Proven ability to prioritise and organise a large busy workload, planning activities for self and others in a fast-paced environment.
About usNHS Digital is a great place to work. What we do matters.
Our outstanding teams are passionate about technology and public service, making use of everyone's skills to improve people's lives.
We collaborate to deliver world class tech and intelligence, come and join us. We are committed to sustainability, diversity and inclusion; our people are at the heart of what we do.
Find out about the amazing work we do by visiting our website: https://digital.nhs.uk/about-nhs-digital/our-work
Find further information on the current work we are undertaking meeting the challenges of the pandemic here: https://digital.nhs.uk/coronavirusWhat we offer
In addition to a competitive salary with planned, transparent progression you can look forward to the following benefits:
- 27 days annual leave entitlement increasing with service
- Buy and sell annual leave scheme
- Contributory Pension (with a 20.6% contribution from us toward the cost of your pension)
- Flexible working opportunities - we value and respect the diversity of our employees, and applications from prospective candidates who require flexible working arrangements are welcomed
- A range of NHS Discounts covering, for example, shops, restaurants, gym, mobile phones and insurance
- Employee benefit schemes which include Season Ticket Loan and Car Lease
For more information visit our Working at NHS Digital page.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/94516855