Agile Business Analyst
These are exciting times at Her Majesty's Court and Tribunals Service (HMCTS). As an agency of the MoJ, we provide the supporting administration for the judiciary across England and Wales. Within that portfolio the Digital and Technology Services Transformation Programme (DTS)
has a clear ambition to create an organisational culture where diverse and inclusive multi-disciplinary teams bring together in-house digital, data and technology specialists to build capability, work smarter and more efficiently.
We're building better justice for everyone, and you have the chance to influence that change. With the scale and size of transformation, you'll get exposure to bigger opportunities and new ways of learning that will push your potential. This is pioneering work that's first of its kind, which means you'll get to own your mark bringing ideas that will shape your future and ours. Sound like a challenge you're up for?Build_better_justice for.everyone
As a Business Analyst your core purpose will be to act as the bridge between the business and the technical. This will involve you identifying the requirements of a service, identifying the benefits to the user and translating this into actionable requirements for the development team. You will work iteratively with the business and the development team to clarify ambiguity, resolve issues and assist with additional functionality across the service development lifecycle.
You will be experienced as a BA in a variety of elicitation methods and can advise your team on the appropriate use of each method depending on the stakeholder and scenario. You will be given the opportunity to continue to grow your management capabilities as well as managing relationships with senior stakeholders as you progress to becoming a leading figure within the BA community.
What will you be doing?
- Identify and compare the best processes or delivery methods to use, including measuring and evaluating outcomes
- Know how to help the team to decide the best approach
- Can help teams to manage and visualise outcomes, prioritise work and work to agreed minimum viable product (MVP), print and scope
- Compare the best processes or delivery methods to use, including measuring and evaluating outcomes
- Recognise when something does not work and encourages a mind-set of experimentation
- Know how to drive the analysis and collection of information to help create recommendations for service improvements
- Analyse large amounts of complex information and use it to produce solutions
- Can help to evaluate and establish requirements using relevant techniques such as gap analysis
- Able to analyse current processes, identify and implement opportunities to optimise processes, and leads and develops a team of experts to deliver service improvements
What are we looking for?
- Experience of working in a large digital organisation, or demonstrable understanding of large digital organisations operate in the context of this role
- Previous experience of working across senior technical and business stakeholders ensuring the understanding of requirements and acceptance criteria is aligned
- Proven track record of managing product lifecycles ensuring full alignment with wider Departmental strategy
- Experience of analysing large amounts of complex information and using it to produce solutions
- Has managed other BAs on a project by quality assuring the work produced and mentoriing to improve outcomes
- Facilitation skills with the ability to find common ground between the technical and non-technical
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
- Experience of problem solving and working with others to deliver at pace
- Can make decisions within agreed parameters
- Good communication skills
What can we offer you?
- A generous pension scheme on average of up to 27%!
- 25 days leave, plus 8 bank holidays, plus 1 privilege day usually taken around the Queens' birthday
- Flexible working; whether it's working from home or remotely, working part-time, job sharing, or working compressed hours, we have people doing it and are happy to discuss options with you
- Great maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave, with up to 26 weeks leave at full pay, 13 weeks with partial pay, and 13 weeks further leave. And maternity support/paternity leave at full pay for 2 weeks, too!
- Bike loans and secure bike parking (subject to availability and location)
- Season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, and eye-care vouchers.
- Up to 5 days paid leave per year for voluntary work you may wish to undertake
- We also currently have employee-run networks for colleagues of minority ethnic origin, employees with disabilities, those with caring responsibilities, women employees, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees with which you will eligible to join
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/94521444