Senior Network EngineerLocation:
Competitive depending on experienceJob type:
Full time, Permanent
Founded in 2016, Ekco is a global innovator in cloud solutions, working with integrity and a personal approach with customers and partners to deliver a comprehensive suite of end-to-end managed IT services.
In a few words, we take businesses to the cloud and back!
We have over 260 colleagues (and counting) across a number of regional offices in Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the Netherlands. Our team members enjoy collaboration in family-friendly working environments that support personal autonomy, development & goal-centred ambition, and an overall shared commitment to deliver market-leading cloud services.About the role:
Our clients and internal stakeholders are looking for assistance integrating and connecting datacentres and cloud infrastructure. Ekco is a multinational ISP and the ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of datacenter connectivity, OSPF, BGP, and DDoS Mitigation.
Ekco's datacenter environments require expert setup and configuration in line with best-practice guidelines, complete with the requisite monitoring and alerting necessary for ongoing support.
As a senior network engineer, your responsibilities will include the ongoing management and maintenance of existing network infrastructure, responding to incidents, along with writing detailed implementation plans for network changes, and implementing projects.
The ideal candidate will also work with network engineers from other parts of the organization throughout Europe to participate in the design and rollout of a core network refresh using the latest vendor technologies applicable in 2021/2022. The successful Candidate will have/ be:
- Highly proficient in routing and switching
- Detailed understanding of network routing and switching protocols including OSPF, BGP, STP, VRRP.
- Detailed understanding of firewalls, VPNs, network security and traffic management
- Working knowledge of Oxidized, RANCID, or other network backup tools
- Management and deployment of network monitoring solutions
- High standard of written documentation and annotated diagrams
- Confident in obtaining requirements and creating designs to meet technical challenges for our stakeholders
- Experience of automated deployment of cloud or physical network infrastructure
- Experience of supporting network equipment of varying vendors including Cisco, Juniper and Mellanox (Cumulus Linux)
- Experience in building highly available modern network solutions
- WAN and ISP integration skills
- Recent experience in rolling out and/or refreshing datacenter core networks
- The biggest Irish Cloud Company and one of the fastest-growing cloud solution providers in Europe
- Young company with a flat structure, growing through acquisitions
- VMware & veeam top partner status
- Our company culture is exceptional and comes from a shared vision of delivering market-leading cloud services in an unbeatable work environment
- Flexible working with a family-friendly focus at the very core of our company values
- Beautiful office locations across the UK, Ireland, and the Netherlands (with parking spots) with highly talented, caring, and supportive colleagues
- Work from home culture - even after COVID
We do not offer VISA sponsorship.
Experience with software-defined networks, automation, and API integration
Please click on the APPLY
button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Microsoft Servers, Infrastructure Engineer, IT Systems Engineer, Senior IT Engineer, Systems Administrator, 3rd Line Support Engineer, Network Support, Server Support Technician, Network Engineer, IT Manager, Implementation Manager, Transformation Manager, IT Network Project Manager, IT Network Support Engineer may also be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/94517166