Infrastructure Designer - Security Cleared - 6 months contract - Inside IR35
As an infrastructure Designer, your ideas and solutions will shape the compute and virtualisation platforms over the years to come.
The Infrastructure Designer will most likely have come from a hands-on infrastructure engineering background, already be working as a solution designer or be ready to step-up to your next challenge in design.
Key technologies the Infrastructure Designer will have experience in include:
- In-depth knowledge of mid-large scale (c.4000 users) computing environments, specifically Cisco
- VMWare vSphere, vROps, VMWare Tools and vRealize Orchestrator design experience
- Ideally have commercial experience with VMWare horizon
- Design of Cisco UCS and Hyperflex HX compute platforms
- Knowledge of Cisco compute management products, including UCS Manager, UCS Central and Intersight.
- Experince of creating an Infrastrucutre for Application Deployment
- Good exposure to software-defined networking, including Cisco ACI and VMWare NSX.
- Experience of enterprise security and firewall technologies (Cisco, Checkpoint, ACI etc.)
- Exposure to networking technologies such as load balancing, DDI, monitoring, enterprise packet-capture and encryption
- Knowledge of wider Infrastructure products such as Active Directory, SQL, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Cisco networking and Windows Clustering/Security
- ITIL v3 experience working within the ITIL framework, specifically request fulfilment and change management
- Any experience with public cloud technologies, i.e. Azure, AWS, GCP would be beneficial
Key responsibilities for the Infrastructure Designer will include:
- Act as the sole Solution Design point of contact for key projects
- Ability to create/Design an Infrastructure for Application Deployment
- Own and enforce a consistent approach to infrastructure solution design within the domain.
- Own the development of the roadmaps supporting the infrastructure technologies used
- Work with Architecture and the Infrastructure Domain SMEs to apply standards and reflect business and technology strategy in the development of solution designs and design patterns
- Own and author/assure cross-domain solution designs and supporting documentation, independently and with minimal oversight
- Provide technical/solution oversight during the development, test and implementation of change, to ensure delivery in line with requirements and design
- Previous experience authoring low-level, detailed designs from conceptualisation to delivery
The ideal candidate will hold current live Security Clearance/ be Security Cleared / DV cleared.
To discuss this exciting AWS DevOps Engineer opportunity in more detail, please APPLY NOW
for a no obligation chat with your VIQU Consultant. Additionally, you can contact Mike McEvoy
, by exploring the VIQU IT Recruitment website
If you know someone who would be ideal for this role, by way of showing our appreciation, VIQU is offering an introduction fee up to £1,000
once your referral has successfully started work with our client (terms apply).
To be the first to hear about other exciting opportunities, technology and recruitment news, please also follow us at 'VIQU IT Recruitment' on LinkedIn,
and Twitter: @VIQU_UK
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/94519602