My client a leading company based in York are searching for a Data Engineer (Data Warehouse Developer) to work with the existing data warehouse delivery team.
This role offers flexible working and will require you to be in the office for 3 days in every 2 weeks.
The right candidate would be an experienced Microsoft data warehouse developer (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS) who can work both independently and as a member of a team to deliver enterprise class data warehouse solutions.
The core responsibility will be to design and deliver components of the enterprise data warehouse and finance data warehouse systems in addition to ancillary data systems. The development work will include the build and ongoing improvement of core stack of data systems critical to the business strategy and ongoing day to day operation as well as change to subsidiary systems related to the provision of data to the business users.
We are looking for a skilled and motivated individual with a strong background in data warehousing who can work closely with the existing team to successfully deliver the requirements set out in the portfolio roadmap.Key Skills and Experience:
- Development background with exposure to Data Warehousing at scale
- Experience developing ETL solutions in SQL Server including SSIS & T-SQL
- Exposure to DW development practices (code & configuration management, build processes)
- Appreciation of design patterns and practices that apply to the data warehouse space (e.g. Data Modelling)
- Ability to take business requirements and work with other team members to estimate and design end-to-end solutions
- Exposure to BI reporting toolsets - ideally Tableau
- Understanding of Agile principles
If this sounds something of interest or would like some more information, please apply with your up to date CV for Immediate consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/94519265