Finance Officer, 12 Month FTC, Full time or Part time (4 days per week), £25-000 - £28,000 pro rata Your new company
Established in 1904, generations of remarkable talent have built the reputation of this organisation for uncompromising quality and inspirational repertories. With a family of artists this organisation reaches international audiences through touring and artistic residencies.Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations in a timely manner.
- Prepare quarterly and year-end amortisation of deferred expenditure.
- Produce quarterly and year-end master sheet for royalty calculations, amortisation of deferred expenditure, inventory valuation and stock write down reports.
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly management accounts and Finance reports.
- Prepare and submit the VAT Return.
- Assist the Head of Finance to produce the year-end statutory accounts, produce all other year-end schedules, audits and annual budgeting process.
- Liaise with the Finance Coordinator every week to review the purchase ledgers and check weekly payment runs.
- Any other duties that may be reasonably be requested.
- Proven relevant and solid experience in a similar role.
- Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and detail in a calm, professional manner.
- Excellent work ethic; self-motivated; organised; and able to meet deadlines and manage a busy workload.
- Computer literate and numerate. Working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite at an advanced level, including Excel (pivot tables and IF statements) and highly proficient with computerised accounting systems.
- Previous experience of working in the charitable finance sector.
What you'll get in return
- Experience of the Access Dimensions accounting system.
- Previous experience of working in the arts sector is not required, although an understanding of how performing arts organisations operate would be helpful.
- Part-qualified accounting certification or qualified by experience.
- Salary: £25,000-£28,000 per annum, according to experience
- Normal working hours: 9.30-18:00, Monday-Friday, with additional hours as required (overtime is not paid, but a time in lieu policy is in place)
- Notice Period: two months
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Interest-free loan for a season travel ticket
- Subsidised catering facilities
- Membership of company pension scheme as follows:
2% employer contributions and 2.4% employee contributions in the first year of employment
5% employer contributions and 2% employee contributions after 1 year's employmentWhat you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.