Start Date: Immediate
Job type - Full time contract after probationary period
Hours 8.30 - 3.30 / (4.00 pm on Wednesdays) term time only
We are looking for an experienced SEN teaching assistant to support pupils with SEN key stages 3 on a 2:1 and small group basis
Full driving licence
Experience of working in a SEN environment
Competency in English, Maths and IT
Proactive, creative and innovative
Flexible, engaging and adaptable
References will be taken and followed up and successful applicants will require an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Would you like to be part of our committed/inspiring/dedicated team in a small child-centred school rated Good by Ofsted?
We are looking for a full-time Special Education Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant with experience to work with pupils who have learning difficulties, behavioural problems or physical/sensory disabilities. You will need to have a sense of humour, a good imagination, creativity and a positive approach to problem solving.
Being a SEN TA is both challenging and rewarding and the role is likely to vary hugely on a day to day basis. The tasks which a SEN TA carries out can include:
- Assist teacher with learning activities and ensuring health and safety and safe working environment to enable pupils to meet their learning targets.
- Preparing materials, equipment and lessons
- Assessing the individual learning needs of pupils
- Evaluating and reporting pupils' progress to teachers, carers, healthcare professionals and anybody else who helps them
- Positively managing challenging behaviour and dealing with difficult situations
- Supervising activities such as trips locally.
Successful candidates will
- Have a good standard of general education together with good numeracy and literacy skills
- Have an appropriate qualification in SEND or previous experience of working with children with a disabulity/ challenging behaviours.
- Have the skills of empathy, initiative, being part of a team, motivation, innovation, resilience, reliability and honesty.
- Use basic technology i.e. computer, smart board, photocopier
- Have experience of working with children who have a disability
- Be committed to working within a team to deliver the best possible outcomes for children
- Have excellent communication skills.
Closing Date: 15/09/2021 at 17:00
Interviews: 16/09/21 onwards
Information about the school
Llewellyn School is a small independent School based in Quex Park, We provide each pupil with a high level of support with an individual curriculum plan.
We offer an holistic approach to learning with highly trained staff. Llewellyn School is an inspirational School where children with disabilities recieve an enriched education. Our fabulous team strive to ensure all pupils are empowered, able to participate, excel and be proud of everything they achieve.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.