Senior Strategy AnalystContract:
Up to £60,000 per annum Depending on experienceStart date:
BMJ's Strategy department is seeking a Strategy professional to join our team as Senior Strategy Analyst.
You will be responsible for delivery of key strategic projects for the company, involving multiple types of analyses, and financial modeling of various scenarios. Working closely with the Strategy Director, you will also input into the annual strategy review as well as evaluate investment opportunities - both internal and potential acquisitions. You will also support the innovation programme with market and business plans and assessment of milestones as part of the product development cycle.Responsibilities
- Formulate Business plans - perform an objective analysis of potential market opportunities to provide a basis for investment. Articulate market addressability and potential, quality of revenues and fit with BMJ, quantify the risk, including financial modelling.
- Product Portfolio optimisation -in collaboration with Lines of Business, manage the coherent portfolio architecture, make recommendations for new investments and exits, assess financial implications
- Buy, Build or Partner - Provide analysis for the most effective way to deliver a complete solution to an identified market opportunity.
- Support the Innovation programme - Assist with financial analyses and business plans to support investment decisions
- Stakeholder Communications - Manage proactive communications with relevant stakeholders from strategy through to execution
- At least 3 years of Consulting or industry Strategy role
- Educated in Business. MBA degree will be a plus.
To be a successful candidate, you will have a thorough understanding of the key business and financial drivers that determine the successful delivery of the strategy. The role holder will have a minimum of 3years experience in Consulting or in a Strategy role in the industry. You will have a passion for problem solving and finding new opportunities.
To successfully fulfil the role, you will need:
Why should you apply?BMJ is a global healthcare knowledge provider with a vision for a healthier world. We share knowledge and expertise to improve healthcare outcomes.
- Awareness of key trends in publishing and healthtech
- Robust numerical and financial modelling abilities
- Excellent skills in influencing and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders including at strategic and Executive level
- Project management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills (including presentations)
- Advanced aptitude in Microsoft Word, Excel modelling , and PowerPoint
- High degree of professionalism and integrity
- High energy and results oriented
- Pro-active and genuinely interested to engage in strategy projects
You may know us as the publisher of one of the world's most cited general medical journals, The BMJ. We also publish over 70 specialty journals, many of which are the most influential titles in their field.
We also offer digital professional development courses and clinical decision support tools to help medical institutions and clinicians tackle today's most critical healthcare challenges.
Evidence underpins everything we do - it's what makes us one of the world's most trusted knowledge providers. And the figures speak for themselves. More than 50 million users from over 150 countries access our websites every year.
BMJ is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the British Medical Association (BMA), with nearly 500 employees worldwide. Our head office is located within the Grade II listed BMA House in Euston, London, with more offices in China, India, North America, and Wales. At BMJ we take equal opportunities very seriously, diversity and inclusion are more than just words, they are an organisational priority. We are building a culture where everyone feels able to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We encourage applications from under-represented groups and we are a Disability Confident Committed employer.You will be able to join any of our employee-led networks focusing on: Gender, Cultural Diversity, Sexual Orientation, Mental Health and Well-being, Parents and Carers and Age. We offer flexible work arrangements to all our employees.
Those who come to work with us are assured of a rewarding career in an increasingly global company. In return, we offer a great place to work with a wide range of benefits, including:
- Twenty-five days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays, a BMA Day the opportunity to gain more holiday entitlement through long service employment
- Additional days' leave for moving house, volunteering or getting married
- Onsite gym, fitness classes and subsidised canteen and cafeteria
- Double matching employer pension contribution, up to 12% Multiple discounts through MyReward employee benefits platform.
- Season ticket loan, gym membership and cycle to work scheme
- Seven x salary life assurance cover Regular social events, diversity and inclusion groups, and charity fundraising initiatives to get involved in