We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
Hear from Ed Stacey, Tax People Leader about what a career in Tax could mean for you - from development, to our culture, to what we value in our people when building our team.
Our Deals Tax team works closely with our Deals practice to advise on the tax implications of all aspects of transactions including; Mergers & Acquisitions, Business Recovery Services and Real Estate. Part of the wider Corporate Tax network, we work collaboratively across specialisms to drive value and help our clients succeed at all stages of the deal lifecycle.
The role sits within the Private Equity Portfolio (PE Portfolio) Tax team,one of the most successful teams within PwC's Deals Tax network. The team operates on a national basis so that no matter where individuals are located, we bring the best experts to our PE backed clients and the broadest range of opportunities to our people. Our client base is truly international and we pride ourselves on the strength of our network.
Our team is fueled by open and curious minds who are passionate about their work. As part of the team you'll experience unparalleled opportunities to develop your career. You will work on complex and challenging projects and gain experience working with prestigious and diverse PE backed clients - from large multinational organisations to more fledgling developing businesses.Responsibilities
Essential skills and experience
- Work in a team to deliver bespoke tax advice and implications in a fast paced and evolving deals market
- Play a key role in growing relationships with clients
- Seek specialist input from other parts of tax and wider network - in particular Transaction Service and non-UK teams
- Be actively involved in business development activities, helping to identify and research opportunities with new and existing clients
- Use technical knowledge and commercial awareness to help solve important problems for our clients
- Take responsibility for developing your own and the team's technical and business acumen; keeping up to date with business and economic issues, industry insights and sharing your experience and technical knowledge as part of a team.
Not the role for you?
- Chartered Accountant (ACCA, ICAEW, ICAS, CAI) or Chartered Tax
- Advisor (ATT, CTA) or equivalent international qualification
- Strong UK tax skills with transaction experience.
- Ability to build internal and external relationships and networks, both within the UK and overseas
- Developed communication skills, specifically in negotiating with and influencing others
- Strong analytical, project management and report writing skills.
- An inquisitive mind and ability to solve problems as part of a diverse team
- Ability to use tax technical knowledge & insights in a fast paced commercial environment
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.Diversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.