We are looking for two communications managers with broad digital internal and external communications expertise to join PwC's Change and Regions team in Corporate Affairs.
The roles report to the Head of Regions within Corporate Affairs and will have responsibility for internal and external communications for our offices in the North and West and Wales respectively.
The people in these roles will advise stakeholders across the business in their respective regions on achieving strategic communications objectives. This includes PwC as a large business in the region on issues such as ESG and Climate Change, being a progressive employer, social mobility and upskilling, and on the work we do for our clients such as industry insights or economic commentary.
They will be required to work closely with their regional Corporate Affairs counterparts based in Scotland, Northern Ireland and London and the South East, as well as national colleagues in Corporate Affairs, and Sales and Marketing.
The ideal applicant will:
- To be the main Corporate Affairs contact for a particular region - bringing the best of the team to the region and working with the rest of the regional team to bring the best of the regions to national audiences.
- To enhance PwC's brand and reputation in the regions by sharing the stories of who we are and how the regional practice supports its local markets and communities.
- To protect our reputation in the region by taking a proactive approach to identifying and mitigating risks working with the Head of regional communications and other Corporate Affairs colleagues
- To advise and work with PwC's regional leaders to share their key messages internally and externally, and to manage sensitive issues in line with PwC procedures.
- To lead campaigns in line with regional and firmwide strategies. Activities to include media relations, external engagement, digital communications, internal communications and environment-shaping activities. Regularly working alongside PwC internal teams including sales and marketing. Activities can include regional change projects.
- To work with the Theme Leaders to ensure the work of the Corporate Affairs team aligns with strategic priorities, narratives and where possible, campaigns.
- To work with the Theme Leaders to support the development of regional thought leadership content and regional angles for national activities.
- To build meaningful and trusted relationships with stakeholders in the regions including media, politicians, business leaders and community stakeholders and to build third party advocacy through these relationships.
- To be part of the Corporate Affairs media relations capability including being on a rota for out-of-hours media enquiries and distributing regional media coverage.
- To proactively share and encourage best practice across Corporate Affairs.
- Experience in high impact communications campaigns involving multiple channels, including digital, and a wide range of stakeholders both externally and internally.
- Experience of media relations.
- Experience of social media management.
- A strong understanding of the political and social environment in the UK as well as the global professional services sector and regulatory environment.
- Ability to have robust conversations diplomatically and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Show sound judgement and recognise when it is necessary to consult with others.
- Ability to act with speed in a fast-moving environment.
- Understanding of the international network.
- The ability to work at pace and to juggle multiple competing priorities.
- Building and sustaining trusted relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Confident using existing and new technologies to drive team efficiencies and effectiveness.
- (Desirable) Be confident communicating and writing in Welsh (for the West and Wales role)
Corporate Affairs works to ensure our firm has a distinctive, coherent and aligned market presence across the firm. Our team comprises a group of specialists in the areas of communications, engagement, reputation, public affairs, governance and regulation who bring their collective expertise to our firm's internal and external stakeholders.
Our vision is to be the leading digitally-enabled corporate affairs team. Our role is to help build and protect PwC's reputation through engagement with a broad set of stakeholders and to keep our people connected with our strategy, purpose and culture.
We provide strategic counsel to the business leaders across all lines of service and undertakes activities to support the firm's strategy. We focus on those areas that will differentiate us and allow us to make a real impact in the market and with our people, and we work to safeguard the reputation of the firm across our key stakeholder groups.
Corporate Affairs is structured into four themes; Stakeholder Engagement and Public Affairs, Change and Regions, Growth and Digital, and Purpose and Reputation. We also have a Channels and a Multimedia team to support the delivery of our messages. Our projects often span across the themes and there are many opportunities to develop in areas outside of your own.Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/applyDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.