members as well as driving commercial value throughout the business. The team develops innovative predictive models and analytical tools to improve proﬁtability and growth as well as providing deep analytical insight for decision makers The Senior Data Scientist Role
- Work closely with business partners to understand the business problems they are trying to solve and help to develop the best-suited analytics solution.
- Collaborate in cross-functional teams and share ideas to solve complex business problems.
- Build strong partnerships with peers across the organization to support project goals and boarder team needs.
- Build predictive models using advanced analytics techniques including GLMs, natural language processing, and machine learning.
- Develop powerful insights and tools using a variety of analytical techniques and technologies.
- Ability to design, build and implement new modelling approaches.
- Detailed understanding of statistical theory, predictive modelling, data mining and other advanced analytical techniques, for example: logistic regression, decision trees, gradient boosting, clustering, text mining, random forests, survival analysis.
- Excellent R or Python skills required as well as a knowledge of SQL.
- Knowledge of visualization tools such as PowerBI is a plus.
- 8+ years' experience in advanced analytics role, of which 5+ years in the insurance industry, preferably working on a mixture of traditional and digital products. Experience in a commercial lines insurance setting is an advantage.
- Proven hands-on experience developing generalized linear models in an insurance setting including loss ratio, frequency/severity, pure premium, claims modelling.
- Track record of delivering signiﬁcant business value from small or non-standard data sets.
For more informtaion please apply to this advert or contcat HT@arthur.co.uk