My client, a renowned ENTERTAINMENT
business based near HAMMERSMITH
, is seeking an accomplished FINANCIAL ANALYST
to join them whilst they enter an exciting phase of growth. This is an amazing time to join this household name!!
The role supports the FP&A MANAGER
, partnering with a variety of teams across the UK. The ideal person will be business partnering with these teams to provide meaningful insight, financial analysis, budgeting/forecasting and management accounting.KEY TASKS
Management reporting and Finance control:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts across a variety of business units
- Understand the nature of transactions and identify appropriate accounting treatment
- Posting of month end journals and understanding the impact on both P&L and balance sheet
- Maintain month end reporting models ensuring data accuracy
- Maintain robust balance sheet reconciliations - investigating and resolving anomalies
- Prepare monthly P&L summaries with insightful commentary. Investigate variances to forecast and understand key drivers of performance
- Continuously drive improvements for an efficient month end process
- Proactively business partner stakeholders, providing support in all aspects of financial management (eg Developing excel budget trackers, advising on PO coding)
- Liaise with auditors and support external reporting as necessary
Financial Planning and Analysis:
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Prepare regular forecast updates and annual budgets, with insightful commentary
- Work closely with the business to understand key drivers for monthly performance and future budget/forecast cost tracking.
- Be proactive in evaluation and communication of risks and opportunities to forecasts.
- Ad hoc analysis as required
- Part Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA)
- A minimum of two years' experience in a similar role, preferable in a multi-currency / multi-territory environment
- Strong understanding of double entry bookkeeping
- Ability to solve problems with a logical approach.
- Comfortable with large data sets - able to analyse and understand key themes and trends
- Excellent attention to detail
APPLY TODAY FOR THIS GREAT ROLE