Our client is a global business focussed on the application of technology to improve health and well-being through its products and services, supporting a range of technical, medical, science and food businesses across the globe to bring real benefit to the end users by operating ethically and with integrity.
Demand has surged in the last 12 months and this is one of many of our clients that has played a key part in the global health supply chain battle to overcome Covid.
This growth has shown the need to extend the depth and expertise of the Purchasing team with the recruitment of a Purchasing Manager to cover sites in the UK and Europe.
Reporting to the EMEA Procurement Director, you will manage a small purchasing team and have full P&L responsibility for the supply chain across a range of key product groupings and manufacturing sites. Your duties will be varied and will include:-
* Full supply chain responsibility from supplier identification to delivery for a range of product groups in the UK and EU
* Responsible for the management and continued development of relationships with internal and external suppliers and customers to contribute to delivering benefit to our customers through continuous improvement
* Evaluate, audit and manage suppliers to ensure compliance to business goals, mitigate risk and timely constraint resolution
* Supporting the aims of the annual operating plan, including contributing the annual procurement forecast, as part of the Senior Management Team
* Delivering an agreed blend of cost savings, value development and continuous improvement in productivity and quality of our products and service
* Supervise and develop the purchasing team
* Working across the business as part of the team to successfully deliver New Product Initiatives
The successful candidate will be an experienced and proven Purchasing Procurement Professional with demonstrable experience and impact in a technical / electronic / engineering environment. You will possess a suitable, relevant qualification (IIPM, APICS, MCIPS or similar), and of graduate calibre. You will be able to illustrate strong experience in supplier and stakeholder relationship management and a practical, inclusive approach to problem solving and continuous improvement. Experience of a modern ERP/MRP such as SAP would be a benefit.
In return you will have the opportunity to work for a global, market leading, best to work for business that offers great support, benefits and opportunities. The role will be based flexibly during the current restrictions but will ultimately be based at our South Manchester site with some, short stay, Northern European travel.
For more information on this superb opportunity, apply now.....