The Network Engineer will provide hands on Network, Voice and Security 3rd level support, design, implementation function to the business whilst ensuring that customer requirements are met effectively both in terms of technical ability and cost. This position will be home-based with travel for meetings in the future, therefore, base location is flexible across the South West England.Client Details
Our client is a market leading Logistics business. Looking to hire a Network Engineer to operate across the South West England. Description
The Network Engineer role requires someone with experience in a busy support area and has strong knowledge of Cisco networking and other associated technologies plus the accompanying disciplines. The individual will be required to work within a specialist support team to handle both reactive work caused by problems of varying degrees of critically and the proactive work required to enhance ability to achieve SLA's.
- Design, Configure, test, and maintain LAN/WAN/Voice/Security equipment and related services. This includes Firewall, Wi-Fi and switch technologies
- Support all end to end network and voice infrastructure across the business Ensuing that all assigned incidents and requests are managed within agreed SLA's.
- Identify, diagnose and resolve network and security incidents and problems
- Deliver IT based technical projects as well as Business led projects
- Interface professionally with internal and external clients
- Assist in preparation of proposals and solution presentations
- Engage in the daily operational management of service providers
- Provide Technical Escalation point for complex problems
- BAU Adds/Moves/Changes to the Data Network and Security Estate
- Update and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks
- Pro-active housekeeping and management of the portfolio
- Performance, capacity monitoring and event management of network infrastructure components.
- Maintaining the accuracy and integrity of network configuration items.
- Maintaining Hardware & Software platforms at optimum performance.
- Provide advice and consultancy within the area of networks, voice and security and associated technologies, acting as the subject matter expert within the business.
- Provide technical reports and proposals as required by Management and Customers within stated deadlines.
- Perform on site audits of equipment, documenting findings, improvements and risks.
- Daily maintenance and problem resolution
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
- Onsite customer troubleshooting as required
- Ordering of new network / voice equipment and Links
- Working knowledge of Voice & Network Routing, Switching and Resiliency protocols that includes abut are not limited to H323, TDM, DPNSS. DASS2, ISDN30, RIP, OSPF, Layer 2/3, STP, MLT, SMLT, HSRP & BGP
- Working knowledge of Security technologies such as IDS, IPS, VPN's, and firewall policy management
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certified
- Working knowledge of MPLS technologies, DNS/DHCP and Network Management
- Practical experience of vendor technologies including, but not limited to Checkpoint firewall, Cisco Catalyst/Nexus, Meraki.
- Cisco ASA Firewall Configuration
- CCNA certified or minimum 3 years equivalent experience working with Voice, Data and Security Technologies
- Contact Centre design - Multi-Channel, IVR, NIVR, Network Plans, Geographic and non-geographic number management and DMA regulatory guidelines
- Experienced in managing Telco's, Service Providers such as 3rd party maintenance providers
- Proficient in troubleshooting methodologies
- Experience of working in project environments and delivering work packages
- Proficient in document production
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Good Communication & Collaborative skills
- Proficient at time management and prioritisation
- Self-Motivated and conscientious
- Proven ability to nurture and mentor peers
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to articulate ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Keen attention to detail with ability to make sound and logical judgements.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ensures personal technical skills are maintained to support the ever-changing IT world.
- Ability to self-learn new technologies with a can-do attitude
- Ability to challenge themselves and the work they do to ensure he right work load is in the right place. Automate / simplify / standardise where appropriate
The Network Engineer is offering:
Salary £37,000 - £45,000
25 days holiday + bank holidays (option to buy more)
Private Health care
Flexible working (hybrid between office in Chippenham and working from home)