: Emergency Care AssistantsLOCATION
: Various hospitals. Head Office based in GreenhitheHOURS OF WORK:
38.6 hours per weekSHIFT PATTERN:
4 on 4 off / 12-hour shiftsSALARY:
£30,108.00 per annum
Our client has an exciting opportunity for qualified Emergency Care Assistants to join their company.
The High Dependency Unit Transfer Service operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Based at their head office in Greenhithe. The fully equipped ambulances along with your medical knowledge will enable them to raise standards, maintaining a high level of clinical care for the patients they come in to contact with.Main Purpose of Role
The post holder will convey emergency and where required, non-emergency patients to and from their designated appointments/destinations in a safe, effective and efficient manner. The post holder will use advanced driving skills under blue light and normal traffic conditions to transfer emergency patients as required.
The individual will ensure the wellbeing of patients in their care from showing empathy and providing reassurance, through to assessing and monitoring patients' physical wellbeing. Where necessary they will provide medical assistance in line with current training standards.
Due to the nature of the work, this post is exempt from the provisions (42) of the rehabilitation of offender's act 1974 (exemptions) order 1975. The post holder will be subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Personal SpecificationEssential:
- Provide assistance for patients including clinical and personal care, selecting and applying appropriate equipment and skills in line with the scope of practice and associated training.
- Conduct or assist with patient assessment
- Dispense POMS (Prescription only medicines) as appropriate
- Ensure that patients have all relevant and necessary paperwork, including discharge information and medication etc.
- Ensuring an appropriate level of monitoring and treatment is continued until patient is either discharged or transferred to the care of another healthcare professional
- Complete and maintain clinical records for all patients
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Inspecting and completing daily vehicle and equipment checks
- Check and replace equipment of vehicles
- Current Frec 3 / 4 qualification or similar qualification (IHCD)
- Work in a health or social care environment
- Experience in a driving role for a care organisation
- At least 2 years driving experience in the UK on a full driving license
- Must be 22 years or over for insurance purposes.
- No more than 6 live penalty points on your current license
- Highly patient focused in attitude with caring approach and good communication skills
- Must be able to undertake rotating shifts including shift changes whilst on relief duty
- Able to complete a satisfactory enhanced DBS Check
- Motivated individual with eagerness to learn and progress
- Blue Light Qualification
- Good geographical knowledge of South East London area and Kent area
- Experience of driving in London or other large cities.
- PMVA Certified
If you feel you are a suitable candidate and would like to work for this reputable company, then please do not hesitate in applying.
All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and previous employment referencing
Shortlisted candidates will be notified within 2 weeks after the closing date. Due to the high volume of applicants we receive, If you are not contacted, you should assume that you have not been shortlisted.