As Lead Service Transition Manager, you're responsible for defining the scope and producing the appropriate Service Transition documentation, dependant on the service and act as a point of contact for the client throughout the service transition process.
You are accountable for the end to end transition (including Exit criteria where applicable) of all new services into Target, meeting the agreed Service Readiness Criteria of the Business, Client and multiple Stakeholders across the organisation.
Your role is to collaborate with the Business areas impacted by the change to ensure that the new service is transitioned and established in line with agreed contractual obligations. You also collaborate with various stakeholders to complete the service readiness criteria, supporting the Service Transition methodology and be responsible for ensuring that the appropriate governance frameworks are followed, and progress is monitored and reported on as appropriate.
You'll also be involved in new Business opportunities, complete Discovery phases with new clients, attend PDD sessions and estimate for the work required by Service Transition.Accountabilities:People
- Positively influence logical teams consisting of colleagues from various areas across Target to deliver agreed Transition objectives and outcomes.
- Deliver across internal and external channels and communicating clearly at all levels of the organisation.
- Driving your own continual development through identification and actioning of own personal development plan as agreed with the reporting line manager.
- Deputising for the Senior Manager - Transition Services as required, attending workshops, SLT briefings and resource planning sessions.
- Establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and external clients, based on the development of robust and credible transition plans.
- Building effective working relationships with key internal stakeholders across Target including sales, finance, MI/BI, legal, facilities, etc to support solution definition, costing and implementation.
- Collaborating with the bid team and the client to define Service Transition involvement.
- Working with the Project Manager to create, as appropriate, a transition plan with clear roles and responsibilities which is to the satisfaction of the client and in line with any contractual commitments.
- Ensuring that all aspects of the operational service are delivered and embedded. Working with all impacted teams, ensuring they understand the service that they have taken on and are comfortable to deliver the service as described in the DoS and contract. Supporting the Project Manager throughout the Warranty Period.
- Contribute towards providing accurate estimates, appropriately capturing the effort and cost elements of Service Transition during the Bid process.
- Working with the Project Manager to ensure any new cost/effort is highlighted and justified and ensuring Service Transition manage any change in scope through rigorous and robust Change Request processes, helping to drive revenue.
RequirementsKnowledge & Experience:
- Ensuring that colleagues within the impacted areas of the organisation have prepared for live operation by actively facilitating the completion of Service Readiness and Service Transition criteria.
- Actively contributing towards the continuous improvement of the Service Transition Methodology and related collateral to help improve the way in which Transition is delivered within Target. Ensuring the use of appropriate governance and tools to track progress. Identify potential risks to Go Live or Operational Readiness and highlight these using the appropriate escalation process.
- Collaborating with various of stakeholders to ensure the appropriate Transition-to-Live-Readiness activities and the Acceptance Criteria for this framework is present and on track. Providing status reports to the Project Manager as agreed, as per the Project Plan.
- Creating standard and accurate Service Transition Documentation, ensuring the Quality Management Framework is leveraged to provide appropriate understanding, reviews and sign off's across key stakeholders (e.g. Servicing Operations, IT, Service Management, HR, Legal) includes, but not limited to, Definition of Service (DoS), Servicing Specification, Letter Requirements Matrix. Providing guidance to colleagues to peer review Service Transition documentation or deliverables.
- A degree or relevant industry experience
- Experience of:
- Building strong and lasting internal and external (Customer) relationships
- Transitioning projects, covering a variety of internal teams and/or 3rd Parties, from inception into Operational Service
- Designing end-to-end service and support models
- Monitoring project budgets to agreed levels in terms of own estimate v actuals
- Discussing Service Levels and contracts with clients
- Successfully working with local and virtual teams across varying functions to ensure a quality focused delivery
- Producing and presenting proposals and reports to clients
- Working within a BPO organisation (desirable)
- Working in the "outsourcer" industry preferably within the financial sector (desirable)
- ITIL v3 /v4 Foundation (desirable)
- ITIL Service Transition (specialist) (desirable)
- An understanding of how Financial Services companies work in terms of systems, processes and revenue streams (desirable)