My client is looking for a confident, focused and adaptable candidate to join their fantastic team as a shipping operative, based in Callington. You will be responsible for handling administration to facilitate the movement of freight through management of carriers and hauliers and develop good relationships with our clients and keep in contact with them regarding the progress of their shipments.
You will be sending reports, liaising with overseas correspondents and chasing contractors for paperwork so it can be sent on in a timely manner. It is important that all necessary original cargo related documentation is received on time and processed correctly.
You will subsequently investigate any queried invoices received to check whether they are correct or not. The role will also involve cost and margin analysis and maintenance of files.
- The ideal candidate will come from a freight forwarding or strong administrative background
- Fully competent with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word and Excel
- A quick learner who will swiftly adapt to using our bespoke software package
- The ability to manage your own workload efficiently and proactively
- A good team player who will be willing to assist team members when required
- Ability to accurately & efficiently transpose information into internal transport management system
- Experience in the maintenance and management of client accounts, rate & contract databases and files
- Analytical and accurate
- Report writing and ability to provide concise progress updates
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong grammatical and numerical skills
- Proficient at wording emails to clients in a professional manner and ensuring that all client requests are fulfilled and answered in a timely manner
- Confidence in building and maintaining relationships with customers in order to generate and increase new business
- Entrepreneurial spirit, looking for new opportunities to promote business growth
- Salary negotiable depending on experience
- 5 weeks holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Gym membership at St Mellion
- Discretionary Christmas bonus
- Annual pay review in September
If you believe you are the right fit for the role then apply now with your most up to date CV or contact Tom Mather at Reed in Plymouth.