Software Developer | Full Stack | Contract | Remote Working | Your new company
A forward thinking, leading consumer goods company aimed at providing quality professional products at affordable prices, this company has seen year on year growth through their eCommerce channels. With further growth on the horizon this company is looking to bring on board system developers of all levels. Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Deliver best-in-class PHP solutions across a broad array of software projects.
- Building and implementing new features but also extending and supporting current bespoke systems.
- Bringing legacy code up to date and improving its performance in the process.
- Ensure standard security awareness documents (OWASP Top 10 Most Critical Web Application Security Risks) are adhered to.
- Help to formulate and ensure the team follow PHP standard recommendations (https://psr/) ensuring software development best practices.
- Make sure a consistent coding style is used across all development teams.
- Participate in technical design reviews, functional specification reviews and contribute to development project code reviews.
- Produce technical plans, divide up into tasks and allocate to the team.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to other software developers, proactively and reactively.
- To code review all work, before it is deployed to identify mistakes and improvements.
- Give feedback when training is required.
- Undertake performance appraisals
What you'll get in return
- Must have advanced knowledge and experience of object-oriented principles and design patterns.
- A thorough understanding of PHP frameworks particularly Laravel.
- Micro frameworks, such as Zend Expressive or Lumen for REST APIs.
- Ability to write clean PHP Object Orientated code.
- Very strong in designing and developing APIs (RESTful).
- Ability to rewrite legacy code to make it faster, lighter and more extensible.
- Database design / optimisation (MySQL, MariaDB, Amazon Aurora).
- Caching (Redis, Memcached).
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Knowledge of Git, Composer, Docker, code repositories (Beanstalk App, GitHub, Bitbucket, Azure Repos).
- Good understanding of security practices.
- An active interest in current / new technologies, to offer alternative solutions and tools to enhance applications.
- Ability to listen and understand complex business problems and translate into quality solutions.
What you need to do now
- Competitive package
- Hybrid work opportunity or fully remote if preferred
- Opportunity to really take ownership of projects and be at the forefront of this companies expansion
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.