About the Job
Prospero Teaching are recruiting dedicated Autism Teaching Assistants on behalf of a 'Good' Ofsted rated SEN School based in Totton, Hampshire catering for young people aged 11-19 years with Autism & Aspergers.
Joining a specialist setting you will be surrounded by passionate collegues all actively enabling young people to achieve their personal best in all environments.
We are looking dedicated Teaching Assistants who are committed to providing the highest standard of care to service users. The successful candidates would ideally have experience of working with young people with additional needs and mental health.Support Worker Contract/Position Details:
Support worker Experience, Training and Qualifications:
- Location - Totton, Hampshire
- Position - Support Worker
- Type of work - Supporting young people with ASc & Aspergers
- Start date - ASAP
- Likely Duration - Temp-to-Perm
- Position end date - Temp-to-Perm
- Contract type - Temp-to-Perm
- Full-time - 37 Hours Per Week
- Minimum rate of pay - £68.00 per day
- Hours - 08.30-16.00
To be eligible for any support work with Prospero Health and Social Care you must:
- Experience in a support work/care environment
- Up-to-date mandatory training - Food Hygiene, Health and Safety, Fire Safety, Infection Prevention, Equality and Diversity, Autism training (all can be completed free with Prospero)
- Safeguarding training is imperative; you can undertake a free course with Prospero Teaching if you have not completed a Safeguarding course in the last 12 months.
- Health and Social Care Level 2 or 3 (desirable but not essential)
- Hold the Right to Work in the UK.
- Possess an enhanced DBS certificate registered with online update service or be willing to process a new application.
- Provide two professional care related references.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/social care recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and other mandatory training
- In-house Training and Development Team