Job Title: Mobile Small Building Works TechnicianLocation: Covering Manchester and the surrounding areasSalary: £27,467 per annum (on call / standby equates to an additional £1,950 per annum)Benefits: Company Vehicle, company pension scheme, BUPA (single cover), 33 days holiday (including bank holidays). Overtime available at time and a half. Technicians are paid DOOR to DOOR.On Call / Standby: 1 week in 4Hours: 40 hours a week - Monday to Friday (8.30 until 5 pm)
Our client is one of the UK's leaders in providing innovative construction and engineering solutions for clients within a variety of sectors including Retail, Health, Education and Commercial.
Due to a new contract win with a national supermarket retailer, our client is now looking to recruit a number of experienced Small Building Works Technician to look after a number of Small/Medium/Large retail stores across Manchester and the surrounding areas.Job Purpose:
This is a key position, carrying out planned and reactive building maintenance across a number of retail stores. The role will involve basic joinery, changing lights, changing locks etc.
The purpose of this role is to carry out non-technical repairs and minor PPM's. You will also assist in carrying out planned and reactive maintenance, electrical, and mechanical plant works at various sites with your Regional Electrician.
All work will be completed to the highest standards in an efficient and cost-effective manner, whilst complying with the laid-down company Health and Safety policy.Key Accountabilities:
Candidates background & experience: -
- Undertake planned and reactive maintenance building maintenance / fabric works in accordance with contractual KPI's.
- Advise the building manager of any repair and maintenance issues that are likely to affect the running of the building.
- Carry out minor alterations and installations in accordance with current specifications.
- Complete general repairs and maintenance to the building as designated by the Maintenance Manager, e.g. repairs to the building fabric, such as, plumbing, joinery, changing locks, painting, PAT testing and drainage
- To assist other Technicians / Engineers on site when requested to do so
- To ensure all tools and equipment necessary to complete maintenance and repairs are available and serviceable at all times
- To represent the company in a professional manner at all times and develop a good working relationship with company and clients colleagues
- Suitable candidates should hold a building trade qualification (NVQ / City & Guilds), ideally in Joinery / Building
- Ability to maintain / repair a range of building fabrics
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work at heights and competent in the use of steps and ladders
- Customer focussed and helpful / friendly manner
To apply for this role please submit your full and up to date CV to Paul Davidson
at PDA SEARCH & SELECTION LIMITED