We are looking to recruit a Lab Inspector to carry out routine testing and implementation of quality system. This role is on shifts (06.00 - 14.00 and 14.00 - 22.00pm).Bodycote operates an international network of facilities serving a wide range of industries including aerospace, defence, automotive, power generation, oil & gas, construction, machine building medical and transportation. Bodycote is the world's leading provider of heat treatments and specialist thermal processing services and is a vital link in the manufacturing supply chain, employing over 4,500 people in 22 countries.We recognise that the success of our business depends upon the skills, commitment and loyalty of our people. We strive to offer a working environment where these attributes are rewarded and valued.Main responsibilities:
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Carry out routine testing and inspection on heat treated components and test pieces of commercial and automotive parts (not aerospace)
- Check compliance to Quality Systems and customer specifications.
- Maintain daily check requirements on test machines.
- Assist in the preparation for and participate in Internal and External Quality Audits.
- Record and report any non-conformances to Deputy Quality Manager and/or Quality Manger.
- Liaising with production staff on transport requirements of release work and ensuring laboratory is staffed when required.
- To implement quality procedures.
- To follow health & safety and environmental procedures.
- Maintain good working practices and housekeeping.
Salary / package:
- Metallurgical testing experience
- Quality Background Advantageous
- Team Working essential
How to apply:
- Competitive salary
- Eligibility to annual bonus
- Pension - match contribution from 4% - 10%
- Life Assurance - 2 x annual salary rising to 4 x if join Company pension
- Free parking on all sites
- Free refreshments provided
- An entitlement to full pay whilst off sick for a limited number of days (in addition to your statutory sick pay entitlement)
- 25 days holiday plus national holidays
Send your CV with salary expectation using the contact options above. All internal applicants should inform their current line manager of their application.
Please Note - If you have not heard from us within two weeks your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file and will contact you if a position arises that matches your experience. Good luck in your job search.