Our client, who are one of the worlds leading providers in post-production are looking for an energetic Edit Assistant to join their London team.Overall Job Purpose
Working closely with Edit Assistants and Supervisors to ensure the continued efficient operation of the fluid and fast paced post production process.Please note:
the role is 40hrs per week and will require shift working pattern, including a week of overnights and a weekend every 8 weeks.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Set up and shut down edits
- Set up Avid logger laptops
- Generally assisting the Ops with any possible issues that may arise, e.g. troubleshooting, technical problems
- Liaise with Production and Ops on any of the above jobs, keeping them updated on progress and any possible issues
- Read and understand relevant workflows in order to be able to perform the various processes that could be required in order to prepare supplied rushes/media for an edit, e.g.
- ingesting (file based and legacy formats such as Tapes and DVDs)
- converting files for ingest where required
- grouping multiple cameras
- syncing audio
- project/bin arrangement
- updating rushes logs
- When required (if not done by the Copy Department), back up supplied rushes/media to storage
- Copy media/files to drives to supply to clients
- Back up and restore media from LTO
- Download and upload of media/files, e.g. Media Shuttle, FTP, Aspera.
- Export files ('finishing') from edits that are required for other departments, e.g. guide pictures, AAFs etc.
- Export and/or upload files required for viewings. Either uploading to external sites, e.g. Wetransfer, Vimeo.
- Where needed, escalate problems to the Supervisors or other relevant departments
- Cover for absent staff in the team within the remit of the job accountabilities
- Undertake ad hoc projects and administrative tasks that are relevant to the operation of the department
- Attend relevant training identified to ensure duties are performed efficiently
- 23 days holiday, rising to 25 days after 5 years service (not including bank holidays)
(following successful completion of a 3 month probation) are:
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance at 4x annual salary
- Medical Cash Reimbursement scheme
- Season ticket loan (from day 1)
- Cycles to work scheme
- Benefit Package
- Eye Test & Glasses reimbursement
- Weekly yoga classes on zoom