Contribute to the performance of an effective and efficient IT Development function that supports the software needs of B & CE companies and linked 3rd party organisations. Provide a customer focused 'second line' service that delivers solutions to the business and end users. Operate within the function's processes and standard operating procedures and actively, contribute to the achievement of the IT department's overall objectives. Apply Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) culture and principles within area of responsibility.
- Contribute to the team's performance against agreed objectives and key performance indicators.
- Provide second line guidance, instruction and support service in IT software products and bespoke business software for end users. Determines/recommends process for enhancement and system change requests for identified problems with existing systems.
- Manages the accuracy, integrity and security of data ensuring compliance with Data Protection and company policy.
- Where appropriate act as a solution lead as per the key responsibilities laid out in the B&CE Projects and Change Program Governance document.
- Where appropriate, clarify business requirements with appropriate stakeholders to ensure all objectives of projects are achieved.
- Design and develop appropriate software for in-house systems to deliver identified Requirements / needs for the business.
- Ensure all changes are documented In-line with department's processes and procedures and best practice.
- Use initiative to plan and organise own work schedules to satisfy deadlines, workflow and output requirements.
- Through a mentoring process, provide technical guidance and support to less experienced members of the team as appropriate and when required.
- Implement escalation procedure for important and urgent issues that may impact on the availability of the business systems and contribute to problem solving and solution process.
- Recommend technical developments and software to enhance/improve the operational capability of the IT systems and where appropriate learn new skills without the need for formal training.
- SQL /TSQL / SQL Server including database design.
- Microsoft Certification or equivalent.
- Object-Oriented applications.
- IOC & Unit testing.
- GIT / GIT Flow