The PMO Specialist supports the governance and control standards for Change
Management within the Quilter Group. The role is responsible for embedding the standardisation of execution of projects within a formal and governed Enterprise wide Change Operating model.Key Responsibilities and Scope of role:
Project Governance, Standards and Assurance
- Contributes to and maintains the approach and controls to Change Management
- governance and delivery, including process, tools, methodologies and systems.
- Supports project teams to adhere to the Change Management governance,
- framework and delivery methodology and ensures consistency, optimisation and
- best practice are embedded in Change processes.
- Seeks opportunities for continuous improvement, optimisation and innovation of
- the Change Management framework and processes informed by an
- understanding of evolving industry trends.
- Ensures project delivery is aligned to and delivered in accordance with Quilter
- policy and standards, and community of practice guidelines.
- Supports implementation and ongoing assurance / education of Change
Change and Project Support
- Supports the deployment of the Change Management Framework including associated policy, standards and metrics, providing guidance to stakeholders to ensure effective implementation.
- Provides centralised and consistent support to project teams including subject matter expertise for the PMO processes, tools and methodology.
- Supports the Change Management risk identification, prioritisation and mitigation process ensuring risk and issue management is applied as an integral part of the governance cycle for change management.
- Tracks and monitors risk exceptions to ensure control deviations are identified and mitigating controls are in place.
- Inputs into the development of a metrics based, single source of the truth for Change Management from which to take decisions, including size, scale, cost and risk indicators.
- Reviews, challenges and evaluates activity across programmes / projects ensuring integrity of the overall model is maintained and highlighting where conflicts and contention exist.
- Monitors project / programme progress against key governance milestones, facilitating the management of risks and post project review actions across the change portfolio, escalating significant issues as appropriate.
- Provides mentoring to project coordinators to support understanding or the Change Management process, methodology and tools.
Management Information (MI) and Reporting
Key Behavioural Skills:
- Inputs into the reporting of integrated plans and milestones to support programmes / projects.
- Monitors and analyses programme and project information, reporting progress, costs, resources, slippage and highlighting areas of risk and opportunity.
- Provides insightful and meaningful MI and reporting to stakeholders to support decision making across the function.
- Monitors and reports on governance, risk and compliance status.
- Co-ordinates, collates and reports on outcomes from project assurance activities.
- Monitors budgeting and forecasting cycles and ensures costs are accurately tracked.
- Provides portfolio updates and regular communication to key senior stakeholders to ensure support and engagement with the function.
- Embraces change and initiates new and better ways of working to deliver positive customer outcomes.
- Communicates confidently and effectively, at all levels, both in written and verbal form.
- Analytical mind set, able to use data and metrics to drive actions and develop solutions for our customers.
- Agile - makes decisions within remit and executes in fast, simple and focused way.
- Embraces a collaborative working environment to achieve shared objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Able to positively influence and persuade others.
- Strong organisation and planning skills to manage a wide variety of tasks, processes and responsibilities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with a strong results focus, takes the initiative to drive disciplined delivery of objectives.
- Develops own capability, looking outwardly to keep up to date with advances in technology and utilises knowledge to support the delivery of new and innovative solutions to our customers.
- Demonstrates credibility, professionalism and strong personal integrity and acts as a role model for the Quilter values - Pioneering, Dependable, Stronger Together.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- P3O Practitioner (or equivalent) - desirable
- MSP/MoP/PMQ Practitioner (or equivalent) - desirable.
- Proven experience and strong understanding of IT delivery.
- Previous experience of an Enterprise Change environment and activities including creating and delivering PMO Management processes.
- Significant previous senior experience in managing portfolio(s) and proven ability to manage multiple complex scenarios simultaneously is essential.
- Strong risk and governance understanding / experience at a senior level.
- Experience of working at Board level, able to bring credibility and gravitas.
- Confident leader, able to inspire and drive excellence with peers and teams within a Change Function.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills - confident to engage C-suite level colleagues.
- Excellent people management skills - of both direct reports and federated team.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Experience of using PPM and project management tools.
- Commercially astute.