Permanent Accounts Assistant jobs in Coventry Your new company
A magnificent manufacturing company based in Rugby has partnered with Hays to fill an open position within its busy Finance department. This will be a fantastic opportunity for an individual to showcase their organisational and analytical skills Your new role
- You'll collaborate with other members of the Finance Team to process transactions, analyse data, and interpret results in order to ensure strong accounting control, accurate reporting, and optimal business support.
Your main Responsibilities consist of:
Purchase Ledger Duties.
- Ensuring that invoices are processed and paid on time.
- Create new supplier accounts, gathering all necessary information and clearances.
- Assist with non-stock purchase order requisitions
- Keep track of the GRNI's age and investigate and fix any issues that arise.
- Reconcile Supplier Statements and iron out any inconsistencies.
- Keep an eye on Purchase Price Variances, investigate quantity and pricing issues, and assist the Buyer in resolving them.
- For accurate reporting, review and update general ledger coding.
Sales Ledger Duties:
- As a backup to the Accounts Administrator, perform daily customer billing.
- Assist in the process of acknowledging Sales Orders.
- For all UK bank accounts, reconcile daily bank transactions by comparing the bank statement to the cashbook and general ledger. Investigate and, if necessary, take corrective action.
- Update the Cashflow Forecast on a daily basis.
- Assist the Financial Controller with the VAT return preparation (i.e. review of C79 returns)
Carry out other ad hoc tasks as needed, such as Agency Staff Reporting, Reconciliation and rectification of Intercompany Balances, Supplier Spend Reporting, assisting the Financial Controller in the preparation of the VAT return and standard report generation, and answering phone calls, among other things.What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- 5 GCSE's A-C or equivalent, including maths
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel is necessary
- At least 1 year's Purchase Ledger experience
- Good organisational, analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Experience in using an ERP system is ideal but not required
You'll enjoy a competitive salary and a wide range of bonuses while gaining experience from working with a diverse team in an absolutely busy organisationWhat you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.