Are you an experienced Credit Controller, available immediately for a 3 month contract?
We are recruiting at Woodland Group for a Credit Controller to join our team located in Chelmsford. The Credit Controller will work as part of a team of 7 and with the rest of the Finance team, as well as the Global Management, to provide vital support to our Global Accounts team. The position will require liaising with customers, external offices for the Woodland Global division.
We operate a hybrid work from home/office policy at present and the hours are 9-5 Monday to Friday.
At Woodland Group, our people are our success story. Our values and culture support and empower our people to get involved in developing Woodland as a business and positive space for our teams.
Our core values are:
· Transparency and Integrity
· Easy to do business with
· Excellence and expertise
· Agility and Innovation
· Produce weekly and monthly reports of aged debt with particular attention to DV debt;
· Attend weekly meetings with the Credit Control team and Credit Control Manager to ensure the team remain focused and results driven;
· Take ownership of own debtors ledger.
· Deal with queries, liaise with operations to achieve resolutions to outstanding issues;
· Liaise with a number of key agents, negotiating payment timelines, agreeing contras;
· Regularly report on own debt balances detailing action points and promised payments;
· Ensure the top 10 debtors across the companies are monitored and cleared weekly;
· Ensure that on hold accounts, prevention and credit exceed procedures are adhered to;
· Take responsibility for Unallocated cash reports;
· Resolve day to day credit control issues and problem accounts in a timely and efficient manner, understanding how and when to escalate these;
· Monitor and manage the credit control inbox;
· Deal with multi-currency accounts, run separate reports and forecast incoming currency cash receipts;
· Keep up to date with ledger issues;
· Credit check new customers, set limits and terms adhering to the approval processes;
· Send out legal letters in a consistent manner throughout the team;
· Regularly review and propose customer trading trends and put together proposals for increasing credit limits and terms;
· Liaise with Purchase ledger with regards to contras;
· Provide anticipated receipts analysis to assist in cash flow planning; and
· Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract